KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
quasifex

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by quasifex »

Correct me if i'm wrong, but Unity do not support tesselation in default shaders (like the Paralax Occlusion used in Unreal engine) for materials. It needs to be manually written in shader or downloaded as unity package.

By the way KoW, i'm still making maps for materials you asked and others. I will finish them in few days.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi Quasifex, thanks for letting me know, your materials are TOP and I just try to mimick what you did there, with various degree of success :) So Im looking forward to more maps from you.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

quasifex wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:03 am Correct me if i'm wrong, but Unity do not support tesselation in default shaders (like the Paralax Occlusion used in Unreal engine) for materials. It needs to be manually written in shader or downloaded as unity package.

By the way KoW, i'm still making maps for materials you asked and others. I will finish them in few days.
Thanks; with all the updates coming out, I wasn't sure if that was still true.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Wow! Lots of work done since I last posted! Congrats on all the amazing looking progress on the textures! I have done my part, and have made a whole 'nother batch of touchups and a few "transplants".

https://www.mediafire.com/file/a8a6t8lp ... d.zip/file

Some examples:
Spoiler!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks a lot mate, Ive updated the NPCs archive (plus what we wrote in PMs)
Great job!
I try to get things more vanilla and you helped me a lot with these NPCs! Now I create some portraits for them etc...

This one felt like something is missing, so I used a part of the old sprite on the staff. And made hair on a right side a bit smaller. I hope I have not ruined it :lol:
Spoiler!
184_26-0.png
184_26-0.png (635.92 KiB) Viewed 2124 times

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

King of Worms wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:41 pm Thanks a lot mate, Ive updated the NPCs archive (plus what we wrote in PMs)
Great job!
I try to get things more vanilla and you helped me a lot with these NPCs! Now I create some portraits for them etc...

This one felt like something is missing, so I used a part of the old sprite on the staff. And made hair on a right side a bit smaller. I hope I have not ruined it :lol:
Spoiler!
184_26-0.png
I think it's a good touch, but maybe go over it with a little blur or noise, or a "painted" filter to make it blend in a bit more.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Yes, the new staff is nice, but seems jarring when compared with the NPC herself - I agree it could be blurred. Anyway, more great work!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yea its was a thing I saw as well that the staff pops up too much. But it evens out because of compression, which is necessary to get it ingame.. I will doublecheck tho and maybe introduce a blur.

Thanks for comments, valid points!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

After all the experiments I try to get the most vanila feel to the game. So I created this logbook/book from a game files and I changed the spell book to match its color. That spellbook is not really vanilla, but it makes sense to me to use it, because

1st) you have a spell book in inventory
2nd) its a book, not a stone tablet...

And yes, spellbook has a new icon in the inventory as well, because I cant stand a spellbook to look like a generic book. There are places I dont stick to vanilla, but all those have a reasoning behind that.

Anyway...
Logbook
Book
Spellbook
Spoiler!
LGBK00I0.IMG.png
LGBK00I0.IMG.png (251.5 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
BOOK00I0.IMG.png
BOOK00I0.IMG.png (183.87 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
SPBK00I0.IMG.png
SPBK00I0.IMG.png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 1983 times

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

They look great, but I wish there was a way to make the in-game book text show up on pages like the spellbook...