KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
pango

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by pango »

I'm running Daggerfall Unity fully modded with 2GB VRAM here. The only thing I upgraded in my rig is system memory, that I increased from 8GB to 16GB at the time when compressed textures didn't work 100% (blinking commoners). It's better now, but I'd still recommend 16GB system memory for fully modded DFU.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Almainyny

Post by Almainyny »

As it turns out, that's what I've got for system RAM, so looks like we're in business. Excellent.

Edit: I forgot. I wanted 16 GB and sprang for 8 GB instead. Woops. Ah well, it'll do well enough I imagine.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

AmmoniumDichromate wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:16 am I'm back, here's what I got:
Spoiler!
So, I changed the desk texture, added a bit of roughness and crinkles to the paper, finally changed the text from a decal to a texture allowing it to be affected by those added crinkles and roughness, bottles now cast a transparent shadow that matches the bottle's color, lighting was changed in a manner that helped with some of the quirks in the reflections that previously required a bit of 2d manipulation to correct, fixed a stretched texture on the roll of paper to the right, rendered the whole thing at a much higher sample rate, and there's probably a few other minor changes not really worth mentioning or I've entirely forgotten.

I started making this simply to practice and have a bit of fun. I am very happy with what I've made in its current state, so I'm not gonna work on it any further. If anybody wants the blend file to make their own modifications, or perhaps to render it at a higher sample rate or resolution, then you can download it here:https://drive.google.com/uc?export=down ... wUbkgjOAGb (requires Blender 2.81). All the work I've presented thus far is free to use, modify, and distribute with absolutely no stipulations.

All that said, thanks for the input, it helped make something I can confidently cram away into my art portfolio.
Hi Ammonium :)

You deffo took it to another level, I like it very much and I will try how it looks in the game indeed!

One thing about the resolution... would it be possible to render it in 1920 x 1200 ? Thats 6x the original 320x200 resolution. Its what I use.

Thank you for considering it!

AmmoniumDichromate

Post by AmmoniumDichromate »

King of Worms wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:29 am Hi Ammonium :)

You deffo took it to another level, I like it very much and I will try how it looks in the game indeed!

One thing about the resolution... would it be possible to render it in 1920 x 1200 ? Thats 6x the original 320x200 resolution. Its what I use.

Thank you for considering it!
Sure, I'll get back to you in 12 hours tommorow when the render is done.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

No worries, thank you!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I must say that I will not include the paperdoll in the next release until its polished.

That part of a mod has a long way to go... and to be brutally honest, I will not be the one who will test it alone, report all the bugs, correct all the issues etc. - even tho I did it so far, contrary to my claims that I dont want to do this from start. Adrinus, do you plan to dive into that or is it on hold? It doesnt need THAT much to finish it. But there are issues. And it needs testing.

Good way to test might be to ask ppl to post their saves with lots of equip, and see how their characters look with the new system.

What I know is, that some helmets still look off, that the insides of the cloaks dont fit the body too good, the daedric axe is red when equiped and silver when in inventory (I think this bug will appear in more weapons, so the ROOT cause must be find to prevent that) most of the bows are cut on the right side when equipped.

I can help with that, but I will not do it alone just like that...

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:36 am I must say that I will not include the paperdoll in the next release until its polished.

That part of a mod has a long way to go... and to be brutally honest, I will not be the one who will test it alone, report all the bugs, correct all the issues etc. - even tho I did it so far, contrary to my claims that I dont want to do this from start. Adrinus, do you plan to dive into that or is it on hold? It doesnt need THAT much to finish it. But there are issues. And it needs testing.

Good way to test might be to ask ppl to post their saves with lots of equip, and see how their characters look with the new system.

What I know is, that some helmets still look off, that the insides of the cloaks dont fit the body too good, the daedric axe is red when equiped and silver when in inventory (I think this bug will appear in more weapons, so the ROOT cause must be find to prevent that) most of the bows are cut on the right side when equipped.

What about a DREAM RC6 without paperdoll, and RC7 open beta with paperdoll, so everyone interested can help? ;)

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:36 am I must say that I will not include the paperdoll in the next release until its polished.

Understood. If you could send me saves along with bugs you notice that'd help me a lot. But I have a feeling it's going to come down to playing every race as both genders, equipping all the things, and seeing what breaks.

Moving things by a few pixels is trivially easy, just requires that we know where they are.

As for the inventory icons: That's not me or you: the game does something screwy with alot of the equipment like that, my guess is it is only drawing the generic (leather/chain) rather than the colored version of the item. (I've seen it happen alot with iron swords looking "silver" until you equip them.)

The bows intrigue me, because the graphic is also cut off. It worked with a redguard female, but I guess I'll have to see what happens where you noticed it.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, yes I will try to make saves and reports and post it here.
I have a feeling it's going to come down to playing every race as both genders, equipping all the things, and seeing what breaks.
yes, and thats impossible :D thats why I consider releasing it with RC6 and call it Open beta, it will be for ppl to test and report back. Thanks for directing me towards the idea guys.
As for the inventory icons
we need to test if this happens in the unmodded version. If yes, than its the "feature" if no, than something is off in the modding framework.
But Id like to have these "features" corrected anyways if thats the case. Same as thanks to us, the original "feature" of having ALL MAGIC AXES bugged is a thing of a past....
The bows
I can send the saves with this issue. Not sure why its happening.

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Inventory icon research:
Spoiler!
DFC -

DFU: Unmodded -

DFU: Modded -
Looks like it's the modding engine. Appears to do it with all weapons, but noticeably did not happen on my steel armor piece... So it looks like it might be just the weapons.

Edit: Also I'm still chipping away at the paperdoll faces. At 106 of 180 Hair and outlines done.