KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
AmmoniumDichromate

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by AmmoniumDichromate »

After a bit of testing I've found that Daggerfall Unity requires the video file to have the mp4 extension to be streamed it in at all, if the video files have any other file extension it'll just be ignored and play the original cinematics. Unfortunately you can't trick the system and just rename a webm into an mp4 as that results in a black screen.
Any file with the correct filename and the mp4 extension DFU will attempt to play, even an empty text file, but of course nothing will play unless it an actual mp4 video file, and since mp4s don't play on Linux builds of Unity games...

I suppose this might count as a bug.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

So thats the reason :X Thank you for testing it!!!

I think this is a known "feature" unfortunatelly, thats why Pango who is on Linux was not able to solve that, so we rediscovered what was already known it seems :shock:

I think it would be worth a while to sum it up in a report either in Help & Support or Modder discussion. Maybe someone will see it and try to improve on that.

Can I please ask you to do that report? Im quite busy with other DFU related stuff

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

PAPERDOLL SYSTEM:

Ok so here is the guy called Sitrus who is a really good artist and he started to work on paperdoll as well. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2745

Ive spoken to him, let him know where we at with this project so far. I decided to send him the latest version of paperdoll system I have, with the updated shields Ive created.

And I made a small documentation in the PM Ive send him.

I will paste the documentation here, it might be handy:

Its all upscalled with ESRGAN.

Its every paperdoll item in the game, weapons , clothing, armor plus the alpha masks and xml files for a better dimensions/placing of some of the images which - after upscalled - worked strange in the game.

Weapons female - archive 233
Weapons male - archive 234

Clothing female - four archives 235 236 237 238 - where 235 is the same as 238 and 236 = 237 (why? only Bethesda knows)

Clothing male - 4 archives 239 240 241 242 - I think they are all a bit different

Armor female - 4 archives 245 246 247 248 - same as clothing female - 245 = 248 and 246 = 247

Armor male - 4 archives 249 250 251 252 - I think they are all a bit different (same as male clothing)

This is just my observation from viewing the files in the Imaging, I might be wrong, but I think Im right...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are the green/red archives really identical? What is going on there?

PS: heres the download link just in case someone wants to work on it as well https://ufile.io/xa9tduf1

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ive changed the color of the hair of commoner 394 closeup frames to be brown-ish. It was previously (and also in original) grey, but the distant model had brown hair. With the details we added in the HD version this became more evident and required correction.

It would be great if someone could use the AI to map the detailed faces from closeups to the distant models as well tho...
Spoiler!
394_0-0.png
394_0-0.png (346.48 KiB) Viewed 1275 times
394_5-0.png
394_5-0.png (665.14 KiB) Viewed 1275 times

MadPreacher1AD

Post by MadPreacher1AD »

I just wanted to let you know KoW that I am enjoying your mod. It greatly enhances the game and I can't wait to see what else you can do with it. Thank you for your hard work.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thank you, I really appreciate the feedback!

Ive worked on the commoners a bit today, its all done now.
There was a problem that the upscaling algo created a very sharp color gradients. This was mostly visible on a female skirts which use just one color with various shades. So I manually smudged these gradients and some artifacts which looked like a jpg compression artifacts of sorts

Anyway, I forgot to make a comparison screen and just realized it towards the end, so this will be I guess the most underwhelming screen u have all seen today, but it illustrates the problem Ive dealt with I hope

Original on the top
Spoiler!
456_3-3.png
456_3-3.png (329.42 KiB) Viewed 1253 times
456_3-3 (2).png
456_3-3 (2).png (358.34 KiB) Viewed 1253 times

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:37 am PAPERDOLL SYSTEM:

Ok so here is the guy called Sitrus who is a really good artist and he started to work on paperdoll as well. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2745

Ive spoken to him, let him know where we at with this project so far. I decided to send him the latest version of paperdoll system I have, with the updated shields Ive created.

And I made a small documentation in the PM Ive send him.

I will paste the documentation here, it might be handy:

Its all upscalled with ESRGAN.

Its every paperdoll item in the game, weapons , clothing, armor plus the alpha masks and xml files for a better dimensions/placing of some of the images which - after upscalled - worked strange in the game.

Weapons female - archive 233
Weapons male - archive 234

Clothing female - four archives 235 236 237 238 - where 235 is the same as 238 and 236 = 237 (why? only Bethesda knows)

Clothing male - 4 archives 239 240 241 242 - I think they are all a bit different

Armor female - 4 archives 245 246 247 248 - same as clothing female - 245 = 248 and 246 = 247

Armor male - 4 archives 249 250 251 252 - I think they are all a bit different (same as male clothing)

This is just my observation from viewing the files in the Imaging, I might be wrong, but I think Im right...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are the green/red archives really identical? What is going on there?

PS: heres the download link just in case someone wants to work on it as well https://ufile.io/xa9tduf1
I'm adding some info, for people like me, who haven't done this before:
  • place all the BODY*IMG.PNG in the folder StreamingAssets\Textures\Img
  • All the rest (weapons, clothes and armor) in StreamingAssets\Textures
It looks great, IMHO, but unfortunately in the archive the heads are missing! :o :lol:
It's not necessary to reupload the whole thing, just a second one with the missing heads :)

BTW, I think I'll be playing with it, sure it can be improved (like the Daedric Gauntlets :? ), but it's much better than the low res one anyway ;)
And, finally, my daedric helmet doesn't look anymore like a pitiful leather helmet :twisted: :lol:

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

There are lots of heads and Adrinus is working on em.

If u decide to put in some work, pls copy out the items you have adjusted, so they dont get lost in between the 1000s of other files.

And when u feel like it, pack em and send it back to me so I can update the base...

Thanks a lot!

AmmoniumDichromate

Post by AmmoniumDichromate »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:33 am So thats the reason :X Thank you for testing it!!!

I think this is a known "feature" unfortunatelly, thats why Pango who is on Linux was not able to solve that, so we rediscovered what was already known it seems :shock:

I think it would be worth a while to sum it up in a report either in Help & Support or Modder discussion. Maybe someone will see it and try to improve on that.

Can I please ask you to do that report? Im quite busy with other DFU related stuff
I believe I've confirmed some of my suspicions regarding certain aspects of the DFUnity code. I briefly dug through the Github and I found these lines in the VideoReplacement.cs script:

Code: Select all

// Remove VID extension
                int index = name.LastIndexOf(".VID");
                if (index > 0)
                    name = name.Substring(0, index);

// Seek from loose files
                string path = Path.Combine(moviePath, name + ".mp4");
                if (File.Exists(path))
                {
                    videoPlayerDrawer = new VideoPlayerDrawer(path);
                    return true;
                }

To me this looks like the only barrier preventing Daggerfall Unity from using other video file format, though I don't know Unity well enough to be absolutely certain. I believe changing the ".mp4" segment to another file extension would sort of fix this, but of course then DFUnity would then be restricted to whatever file extension chosen as the replacement.
I think this could be easily rewritten to be more inclusive towards all compatible video formats perhaps with the use of a variable containing an index of all compatible file extensions, or suboptimally a big ol' sloppy if else conditional statement.

I'll try and make the changes myself and propose the changes on Github, but I am pretty terrible at C Sharp and also dont have the means to easily test my changes at the moment, so I'll probably just end up filing an issue report requesting the script be adjusted.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thank you for investigating it. Im affraid there are some reasons why its mp4 only - but I might be wrong. I wrote a PM to Pango, he knows this stuff, lets see