KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by Hazelnut »

Now that is lovely. It all ties together really well.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

pango

Post by pango »

Cosy!
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Wow! So extremely fancy! Very appropriate if I understand my deities.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks guys, Ive changed the wooden doors which as far as I know are only used in temples. The original was very strange and made nor much sense to me... These technically speaking dont make too much sense neither, but still much better than the original to me.
doors.jpg
doors.jpg (335.11 KiB) Viewed 670 times
Original
3-0.PNG
3-0.PNG (9.47 KiB) Viewed 670 times

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Niiice! The shiny doors were always a bit odd to me.

Corsair

Post by Corsair »

Nice job! Yeah, agreed ... those doors always felt "off"

ChapelwaiteRat

Post by ChapelwaiteRat »

Hi everyone. I learned about the Daggerfall Unity project over the weekend and got super excited to play this game after reading about the D.R.E.A.M. mod. Can't believe how great it looks. So I followed the instructions for installing Dagerfall and Dagerfall Unity (latest version: 0.10.15 Alpha) using this thread: viewtopic.php?t=2360. I followed the DaggerfallSetup (recommended) method. I'm on a Windows 10, 64-bit machine.

I had zero issues running Daggerfall Unity without any mods. Video worked great, gameplay worked great, performance was solid, the whole 9 yards. Nice!

I then followed the instructions to install the KoW D.R.E.A.M. mods found in this thread. It took me a little bit to realize I needed to download the post-processing mod separately, but once I installed that I was able to follow the instructions perfectly. Everything seems like it should work: I can see the mods and they are enabled, I can adjust the settings for both DF Unity and the Post Processing mods, and I can start DF Unity... but there is a catch.

Once I hit play, I get the following message: One or more mods are incompatible with the current version of the game. Please check mods window for details. Do you wish to continue anyway? Y/N

If I click yes, the game still runs, but I'm not entirely positive all of the D.R.E.A.M. mods are incorporated. If I check the mods window, I don't see anything that indicates which mod is incompatible. Have I missed an important step? Anyone else running into this?

Here are the basic details on my machine, in case they're relevant. Let me know if having more data would be helpful. And thanks in advance for any suggestions!

MSI GT70 2PC laptop

Windows 10, 64-bit
Version 10.0.18363, Build 18363

i7 4810MQ CPU @ 2.80 GHz (4 cores)
12 GB RAM
GTX 870M graphics processor

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

You can ignore the warning. What i understand is that Dream is still compatible with the latest version, it just gives you a warning that it was made for previous versions.
Edit: The warning thing is a new feature that came with the latest version, previously the warnings was mentioned in a log somewhere, but now it shows it at your screen.

ChapelwaiteRat

Post by ChapelwaiteRat »

Seferoth wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:21 pm You can ignore the warning. What i understand is that Dream is still compatible with the latest version, it just gives you a warning that it was made for previous versions.
Edit: The warning thing is a new feature that came with the latest version, previously the warnings was mentioned in a log somewhere, but now it shows it at your screen.
Wow, thanks for such a quick reply! I was wondering if that might be the case, but because I haven't left the first dungeon yet (and because I still want to test Daggerfall Unity "vanilla"), I wasn't sure whether everything had been applied or not. I didn't want to get going and then find that the mod crashes the game later because I had messed up installation.

Thanks again!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks guys. And yes, that mod version check is new... as the new builds are released weekly, theres no way I can keep up with that, so this msg is something we need to get used to until laters, where the release of new builds will somehow stabilize.

But as far as Im concerned, the DREAM will run on any version, as it is just a texture swap...