KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
tadaka

Issues with DREAM mod

Post by tadaka »

When I enable dream mod and get in to game all the graphics look to be replaced with black with neon purple random lines. Any idea how to fix?

tadaka

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by tadaka »

Managed to sell resolve TY

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

tadaka wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:28 pm Managed to sell resolve TY
Cool, what was the reason behind the issue? Did you download the version for a wrong Operating System?

Six6igma

Re: help

Post by Six6igma »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:03 am Copy "Mods" "SpellIcons" and "Presets" folders to the

"..Daggerfall\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets"

so it ends up like this:
"..Daggerfall\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Mods"
"..Daggerfall\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\SpellIcons"
"..Daggerfall\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Presets"

-----------------
PRESETS section :
-----------------
- open the mods section in the game menu
- click on the mod you want to set up
- click on the "settings"
- in the top right corner there is "presets" tab
- click on it and load DREAM preset

Whats confusing about that? I dont understand you
I appear to have the same issue as shadowolfxiii. I've done precisely as instructed, and I double-checked the location several times now. I surely do have the same folder structure as you listed next to "so it ends up like this" as you can see in my screenshot. Simple instructions, easy to follow. The problem is that no presets appear in the presets window when I click "presets". I have Distant Terrain, Roleplay Realism, and Enhanced Sky. I clicked on Distant Terrain > Settings > Presets. The Presets window is empty as you can see in my screenshot.
Attachments
daggerfall_unity_2.jpg
daggerfall_unity_2.jpg (119.75 KiB) Viewed 1764 times
daggerfall_unity_.jpg
daggerfall_unity_.jpg (394.9 KiB) Viewed 1764 times

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I know nothing about it, but why is your dream presets json file in a folder called distant terrain? Seems odd.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hazelnut wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:44 am I know nothing about it, but why is your dream presets json file in a folder called distant terrain? Seems odd.
I think its how its supposed to be :X That DREAM.json is a preset for the distant terrain and the name of the preset is DREAM.

I have no idea why it doesnt work now, maybe something has changed in the game and now the presets need to be placed in some different folder.

OR

The presets were made with older version of the mods, and as the mods get updated, the presets ceased to work? Damn.. :lol:

Thanks for the report Six6sigma
Is this the case with ALL presets, or do some of them work and other do not?

pango

Post by pango »

Presets work for me on Linux
DREAM distant terrain preset.jpg
DREAM distant terrain preset.jpg (172.5 KiB) Viewed 1731 times

Code: Select all

ᐅ find DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Presets -type f
DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Presets/birds in daggerfall/DREAM.json
DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Presets/distant terrain/DREAM.json
DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Presets/enhanced sky/DREAM.json
DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Presets/improved interior lighting/DREAM.json
DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Presets/loadingscreen/DREAM.json
DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Presets/postprocessing/DREAM No Reshade.json
DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Presets/postprocessing/DREAM with Reshade.json
DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Presets/postprocessing/Low.json
DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Presets/realgrass/DREAM.json
DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Presets/roleplayrealism/DREAM.json
DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Presets/vibrantwind/DREAM.json
With what I think are cutting edge version of the components:
Daggerfall Unity master branch (3af0135)
DREAM Linux 2020-R2-5-2020-R2-1586641245
DistantTerrain 2.7.0a

I could check with other versions as needed

Actually the look of your screenshot makes me wonder what version of Daggerfall Unity you're running. Be sure you're using 0.10.24 and latest stable version of the mods.
Also it's not recommended to install Daggerfall Unity in the same directory as Daggerfall (but who reads the installation instructions ;) )
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Six6igma

Post by Six6igma »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:38 am
Hazelnut wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:44 am I know nothing about it, but why is your dream presets json file in a folder called distant terrain? Seems odd.
I think its how its supposed to be :X That DREAM.json is a preset for the distant terrain and the name of the preset is DREAM.

I have no idea why it doesnt work now, maybe something has changed in the game and now the presets need to be placed in some different folder.

OR

The presets were made with older version of the mods, and as the mods get updated, the presets ceased to work? Damn.. :lol:

Thanks for the report Six6sigma
Is this the case with ALL presets, or do some of them work and other do not?
I have the Distant Terrain, Enhanced Sky, and Roleplay Realism mods installed. The setup menu cannot find the presets for any of those three. An empty presets window appears for all three mods, as seen in my screenshot.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for coming along Pango, much appreciated. Its good to see it works for linux. That tells me it should work for windows as well, and I guess it does in majority of cases. Lets see if we can find out why it does not in the rest of the cases.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Six, what Pango said... :) what version of Daggerfall Unity you're running? Be sure you're using 0.10.24 and latest stable version of the mods.
Also it's not recommended to install Daggerfall Unity in the same directory as Daggerfall (but who reads the installation instructions ;) )

Let us know pls