KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Six6igma

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by Six6igma »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:39 pm Six, what Pango said... :) what version of Daggerfall Unity you're running? Be sure you're using 0.10.24 and latest stable version of the mods.
Also it's not recommended to install Daggerfall Unity in the same directory as Daggerfall (but who reads the installation instructions ;) )

Let us know pls
I downloaded and installed on August 7, 2020. I downloaded Daggerfall Unity (Windows 64-bit, 05-July-2020, Alpha 0.10.24 - stable, interkarma-daggerfall-unity-daggerfallunity_windows_x64-120.zip) from this site -
https://www.dfworkshop.net/projects/dag ... ve-builds/

I downloaded Daggerfall (DaggerfallSetup-2.16.0.zip) from the site marked as recommended on that Daggerfall Unity site -
https://wiwiki.wiwiland.net/index.php?t ... llSetup_EN

I will reinstall with Daggerfall Unity in a separate directory from Daggerfall to see if that resolves the presets issue. I will do that right now and report back.

Six6igma

Post by Six6igma »

Six6igma wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:18 am
King of Worms wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:39 pm Six, what Pango said... :) what version of Daggerfall Unity you're running? Be sure you're using 0.10.24 and latest stable version of the mods.
Also it's not recommended to install Daggerfall Unity in the same directory as Daggerfall (but who reads the installation instructions ;) )

Let us know pls
I downloaded and installed on August 7, 2020. I downloaded Daggerfall Unity (Windows 64-bit, 05-July-2020, Alpha 0.10.24 - stable, interkarma-daggerfall-unity-daggerfallunity_windows_x64-120.zip) from this site -
https://www.dfworkshop.net/projects/dag ... ve-builds/

I downloaded Daggerfall (DaggerfallSetup-2.16.0.zip) from the site marked as recommended on that Daggerfall Unity site -
https://wiwiki.wiwiland.net/index.php?t ... llSetup_EN

I will reinstall with Daggerfall Unity in a separate directory from Daggerfall to see if that resolves the presets issue. I will do that right now and report back.
Success! I uninstalled and deleted everything Daggerfall and Daggerfall Unity related (except for my saved games, of course). I reinstalled using the same downloaded files as above, only this time I installed Daggerfall and Daggerfall Unity in separate directories. I can now choose the DREAM preset for the Distant Terrain, Enhanced Sky, Loading Screen, and Roleplay Realism mods.

I should have mentioned that from the beginning I was also using DREAM Windows 2020-R2 (DREAM Windows 2020-R2-5-2020-R2-1586629742.rar), DREAM Reshade Presets - Update 1 (DREAM 2020-R2 Reshade Presets - Update 1-5-1-0-1586775362.rar), and DREAM 2020-R2 Hotfix 1 (DREAM 2020-R2 Hotfix-5-01-1586686298.rar), all downloaded from the DREAM page on the Nexus site -
https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

I believe the only thing different for me now is that Daggerfall and Daggerfall Unity are in separate folders. Installing them into separate folders seems to have fixed the issue.

Thank you all for your help.
Attachments
daggerfall_unity_4.jpg
daggerfall_unity_4.jpg (126.75 KiB) Viewed 1605 times
daggerfall_unity_3.jpg
daggerfall_unity_3.jpg (497.8 KiB) Viewed 1605 times

pango

Post by pango »

The change in this screen layout means you weren't running Daggerfall Unity 0.10.24 before (but probably some older version you still had installed somewhere).
Recent versions show the version on main launcher screen (thanks to jefetienne), so it should be easier to check you're running what you think you're running ;)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

The all seeing eyes :ugeek:
Nothing goes beyond your scope... and thats how it is with these "bugs" most of the time. Thank you Pango

Six6igma

Post by Six6igma »

pango wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:32 am The change in this screen layout means you weren't running Daggerfall Unity 0.10.24 before (but probably some older version you still had installed somewhere).
Recent versions show the version on main launcher screen (thanks to jefetienne), so it should be easier to check you're running what you think you're running ;)
I was always running Daggerfall Unity 0.10.24 in both screenshots. That's the only version I have downloaded. I haven't downloaded anything else, just the one file. I used the exact same download for both installs. The only thing different about the two screenshots is that the first one was taken in windowed mode and the last one was taken in fullscreen mode.

pango

Post by pango »

In fact I'd say 0.10.7 or older:
Presets 0.10.7.jpg
Presets 0.10.7.jpg (53.08 KiB) Viewed 1573 times
Presets 0.10.8.jpg
Presets 0.10.8.jpg (56.39 KiB) Viewed 1573 times
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Haha well well well :roll: :lol:

PanYT

Post by PanYT »

Is there a way to adjust weapon brightness to daytime, mostly weapons are too bright during night.

pango

Post by pango »

Nope, they're not part of the 3D world, just sprites in the HUD on top of 3D display, so right now they're not affected by world lighting at all...
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

PanYT wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:51 am Is there a way to adjust weapon brightness to daytime, mostly weapons are too bright during night.
Unfortunatelly its as Pango said, I asked for this feature already like 2 years ago here :X
There is a reply by Interkarma with some more details
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1188&p=14328&hilit ... day#p14328

Im not sure what is the problem with it, I can see weapon sprites taking the color/brightness in games like Brutal Doom, and many other similar games, so its hard to believe we cant do it in the DFU.. Yes, the weapons/horse are now considered a HUD.. so lets change that (blasphemy) :lol: