KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Adrinus

Re: KoW - Daggerfall Remaster 3.0

Post by Adrinus »

Aight. I have an idea of what I'll finish up for you:
https://i.gyazo.com/e4a629572c3bcf067b1 ... b41b40.png
Some are already done, and for duplicates, are they meant to be drow?

Edit: Also, I leave it up to you, but I think my lady is nicer looking (most of your work is nicer than mine)
https://i.gyazo.com/7469dd1e8533dedf341 ... aebefe.png KOW
https://i.gyazo.com/a9384aeb58b8e059c4e ... df4536.png Mine

Up to you, I won't feel bad if you don't use it.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, thats a good selection you made, they all deserve some love indeed!

ad Duplicates - both need to be included, but just draw the 1st one, make a copy and change the name of that copy to the 2nd one, just make sure they are identical as I think some NPCs have just small variables like hood on/off etc, and can appear identical while they are not.

Id like to see your new character ingame, than we can decide which sprite looks better (in case of the lady you posted) - but generally, I like the new face you created, and the style you add to the NPCs, Im sure you can make those sprites you picked much better than they are now. Especially their heads are really low res as it is now.

With other NPCs, Ive added their heads from their portraits which appear when you talk to them. It takes some fiddling around, but the results can be indeed great and ofc very vanilla like.

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

I had a feeling that's what was going on with the ones which were already completed. In most cases, that little detail in the face is all you really need, so long as nothing else looks obviously weird: see original drunk guy's bottles glitching out.

Would be fun to do up the NPCs properly with all the variables and flags accounted for, but probably best to wait until they are fully understood.

Making a copy and giving it the new number is simple enough, it's what I did for testing the other day.

Cool cool! I think I know what I need to finish these off over the next couple weeks. If you have any notes, questions, or requests, let me know.

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Here's the first 6 of 42.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bs32h53k5 ... f%2042.zip

I'll post them daily like this if that's alright. That way if something comes up, something needs changing, or I disappear randomly, you'll have the files to work with.
Last edited by Adrinus on Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flylighter

Post by Flylighter »

That drunkard has me cracking up, I love it!!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Haha yea he is funny :) Great work!

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Flylighter wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:19 pm That drunkard has me cracking up, I love it!!
King of Worms wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:31 pm Haha yea he is funny :) Great work!
Thanks guys! I have 5 more for you all today:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ml0va49f1 ... 2.zip/file
Last edited by Adrinus on Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Awesomness!! But the links dont work, Id like to see the full res sprites man :)

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:19 pm Awesomness!! But the links dont work, Id like to see the full res sprites man :)
Woops, try now!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Working. Yes this looks great, the faces and hairworks are great. This style of hair is exactly what I was looking for btw. I like the additional shading as well, it makes the sprites pop out a bit more. It has its artistic style (shading being a bit rough) but it fits. So its overaly a nice addition to those sprites indeed. Im very glad you do this, as Im already quite tired with this Mod and for example the work you do in finalising these sprites I would not be able to do because I lack the necessary face drawing skills. So please continue :) I will ofcourse place you in the credits of the mod, which I want to update anyway when the time comes.

If you need anything or any other source materials, Im here

EDIT: That new drunktards face is hillarious as well!! The one with a bowl.