KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - Daggerfall Remaster 3.0

Post by King of Worms »

Midknightprince wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:55 am Hey, why don't you just get the 3d walls and stuff from the pack I made, and make it KOW extreme texture pack ?
Its mostly your stuff anyways, that way people don't get confused, and i can just tell em to get your stuff.
I just think some people might like the 3d walls, it is pretty...
Hi, town folk flickering is a known issue being worked on.
Scourg barrow does not crash for me and it does not matter if i have compression on or off. Try a clean install mate, and place just my stuff in the streaming assets.

Regarding extreme texture pack.. well.. 1st when u make a project with such a scope im doing, recreating almost 10 000 textures, u dont get distracted with additional things untill the core is done.

So comming in a middle and asking why dont u do this or that.. man.. i already did more than a single individual can ever hope to do... doing real remaster of such a scope aint easy trust me...

Also, I saw your pack... u can do what u want but.. at least give a propper credits. Credits like "if u like sprites thank king of worms for it" aint fair because Everything on those 3 screens is mine.

Main menu upscale, sprites, textures.. maybe u added bump maps to the ship.. big deal :/ that ship aint even working correctly man, thats why i remade it in my v3.0 as it shares textures with a wooden building interriors.

"Gafon master" is Grafon master btw..

It basicaly feels strange someone takes your year(s) of work, slaps bumpmaps on it and calls it a extreme texture pack and u only get vague and not even correct credits.. maybe its just me, dunno

I get what u try to do, merge my work, grafon masters one and add the xml files.. ok.. should be called more properly than, described exactly what it is etc etc.. Ive spend shitloads of time on it, maybe you can spend a fraction of it on a correct description?

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Midknightprince, maybe you can release xml files alone and let people merge them into Textures folder.

Levethian

Post by Levethian »

Fantastic work. This looks really nice.

Must be about 8 years ago I did a few textures for DaggerXL. Looks like they've been improved since then, too. Pleased to see no-one's exiled the little rock-goblin yet.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Haha man! I saw that face and was wondering. Will include you in the Credits ofc! Thanks for dropping by ;)

Im still doing some NPCs besides other things, Im getting to those Ive avoided for various reasons (mainly because I was not sure at the time where are they located and if slapping a higher res face on them will not cause problems elswhere) Im getting good results.

But I cant post a screenshots atm because:

Error

Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Doing those emission maps for city buildings is such a freakin chore, its worse than a actual work... :?

Just realized I will rename this packs 4th release to the

"Daggerfall Remaster Enhanced Art Mod - D.R.E.A.M." :lol: :lol:

KoWs Dream... yea Im going nuts here :oops:

EDIT: On the other hand, having a separate emission maps is a good thing.
1st - it deffo looks more defined than with the old VGA maps and more importantly..
2nd - I can now add a dirt to those night/day windows.

So they will not be just clean yellow, but they will have a weathered scratched glass look... it looks quite good here. But I cant post pictures atm, due to the forum error. Laters than! Im 3/4 thru

EDIT2: YES!! All clean emission maps are DONE!!!

This was brain scorching experience but anything for a D.R.E.A.M.!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Now I will add a scratched glass textures to them...

EDIT3: DONE, such a subtle change but it adds a lot! Now all windows look much better at night and during the day, they just fit in the game SMOOTHLY! UFFF

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

I think I found something you should check out if nobody has seen it yet.
It's the "emission".png's in the pack.
That video I posted about the mandellan crux, the crux is glowing yellow, so you see no textures (just yellow).
It was one of the emission maps, so I took them all out.
Also those new lava textures in the skull room are flashing off and on (it glows in vanilla, but it's way more subtle).

So if someone could go to the Crux, and double check.
It looks fine in vanilla, you have to have the texture pack installed.
Just spawn some gold, buy a boat, get on it, and look for a hill with a rock on it.
Once inside - map_teleportmode, map_revealall, Ctrl-Shift-left click to teleport.
This is the only place I have seen the emission or lava texture used if someone knows another place, it would make it easier....
Check out my YouTube Channel!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Man... its something in that big mess of your texture files. When you use just 3.0 alone - none of these problems you reporting exist.

I visit all the places I mod. Been to crux and everywhere else. I dont use no emmision maps for that hanging crux final room etc. And the lava works just ok for me as well.

Please, use just 3.0 and no other texture mods while reporting on 3.0, otherwise its just another mess, thank you

Extreme packs give extreme results :lol:

Use 3.0 and NOTHING ELSE and report back please. Just rename your current texture folder to "- textures" create a new texture folder, drop 3.0 inside and run the game.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Those damned emmisons
Emissions.jpg
Emissions.jpg (300.24 KiB) Viewed 8504 times
emissions2.jpg
emissions2.jpg (123.65 KiB) Viewed 8504 times
Prince Lhotun with a face from his actual portrait, this way the scene makes more sense to me
Prince Lhotun.jpg
Prince Lhotun.jpg (255.15 KiB) Viewed 8504 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

One of the dungeons..
DUNG 01.jpg
DUNG 01.jpg (410 KiB) Viewed 8500 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Im so happy with the results my scratch glass texture mapped emission maps are producing. Windows now look like windows :) It was worth the hassle. Also, the night windows light is now more soft, better atmosphere and much realism in those nightly city scenes :P

Day and night shot
Emission maps.jpg
Emission maps.jpg (318.2 KiB) Viewed 8476 times