KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

pango wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:43 pm Heard it in several streams, that would otherwise sound ok, so I figured it had to be FMV sound
Yes I think I remember that distortion as well... I just got so used to it. Is that something you might be able to get rid of in a same way you cleaned the soundclips? That would be indeed awesome :)

pango

Post by pango »

I already worked on the FMV sound before, that's what I thought you were using...
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1155&hilit=intro+v ... =20#p21674

But if that's what you used, then compression must have added back some noise :(
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

pango wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:55 pm I already worked on the FMV sound before, that's what I thought you were using...

But if that's what you used, then compression must have added back some noise :(
Im affraid I have not used this :X
Will download, check and see whats up

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ive set up a DREAM corner at the NEXUS MODS
Theres everything same as here, just few more screens, but thats about it

But if you have problems with download from MEGA, this should be much more convenient option
https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi Adrinus, I think it will take a while until all the new work on your paperdoll system and my handheld weapons mods will be tested and bug-fixed.
(ive found a fix for the paperdoll items not being able to be unequipped thanks to Interkarmas advice... but... this paperdoll mod need a lot of testing. For example that helmet I reported here, covering the eyes of the head, there are some white outlines etc.. that will need your input otherwise it will not be solved Im affraid - I will take care "just" of the handheld weapons mod)

Anyway

Ive made quite a progress on the base Dream mod since last release. So Id like to make that available.
Last thing I need is basically the new commoners faces. I dont want to release them so messed up.

Might it be possible you take a look at them please? If I remember right, its not some huge amount of faces, compared to the heads you was doing.

Just a question tho, if you dont feel like it, I understand.

Thank you :)

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Sorry for the recent radio silence: I'm hoping the paperdoll offset bug will fix the helmets, but until then it can't really be packaged.

As for the villagers, I'll start on them as the very first thing I do when I get back into it.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Adrinus wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:28 pm Sorry for the recent radio silence: I'm hoping the paperdoll offset bug will fix the helmets, but until then it can't really be packaged.

As for the villagers, I'll start on them as the very first thing I do when I get back into it.
NP :) That offset bug is something Lacus is aware of? Like, was it reported? I can do that if you are busy, no problem.
Thanks for the villagers, no stress ;)
Be well!

PS: I remade the body types using the new Lady algo, its much better
PSS: made a reports on the staff and bow replacements not working
Last edited by King of Worms on Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

pango wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:55 pm I already worked on the FMV sound before, that's what I thought you were using...

Btw, any Idea why it stutters when packed as dfmod? Other videos play just fine. I have no idea on what to do with it?
I have the new vid, with better sound, packed it to DFMOD to see if the new vid will work, but no, same problem as with the previous one. Just the sound is clean (Nice job and that!!)

PS: Having the Daggerfall intro /that one from Rhymer/ with the original cleaned sound might be actually better than the sound he has with the vid. Its quite bad :X

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi Adrinus,
Two questions about the masks:

1) Why is there this black outline present? That might be the reason there are some white outlines around the helmets and some other parts of clothing.
Is there any fast way to generate the masks without these black lines? Are you sure this is not problematic?
252_31-0_Ebony_Mask.png
252_31-0_Ebony_Mask.png (4.13 KiB) Viewed 3263 times
2) There are missing masks for all helmets which dont have material suffix
for ex 245_28-0 .. just every helm without material does not have mask. Is there a reason behind that?

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:00 pm Hi Adrinus,
Two questions about the masks:

1) Why is there this black outline present? That might be the reason there are some white outlines around the helmets and some other parts of clothing.
Is there any fast way to generate the masks without these black lines? Are you sure this is not problematic?
252_31-0_Ebony_Mask.png
2) There are missing masks for all helmets which dont have material suffix
for ex 245_28-0 .. just every helm without material does not have mask. Is there a reason behind that?
You can take a look at what I posted for how the outlines work: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1168&start=940#p28880 they could be more perfect if we knew a skilled imagemagick user, but the color shouldn't matter, just the opacity as far as I understand it (but maybe I'm wrong). As for helms with missing masks.... must have been an oversight... I'll have to look into it again.