KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

To better ilustrate what Im after...

thats how it looks with switched tabs to color... I like it more.. and its easier to understand what the effect icons mean
but on a left screen, the human body looks strange.. almost as it is not the new colored tab but the old yellow tint tab, theres no difference... it gets worse as you click thru the icons..

Feels somehow inconsistent, but really, I can be wrong. Theres no way to tell untill we see it ingame and click thru.
If you can, make it very simple, no faces.. just a shades of the same color you used on the big hand. I guess... its up to you completely .)

PS: This whole spellmaker set of tabs is a big mess, I think there was no much testing and thoughts put into this. With all these adjustments we are doing, it will be much better!! It all makes sense when you actually using the spellmaker ingame
10.jpg
10.jpg (307.29 KiB) Viewed 9826 times

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

King of Worms wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 3:54 pm To better ilustrate what Im after...

thats how it looks with switched tabs to color... I like it more.. and its easier to understand what the effect icons mean
but on a left screen, the human body looks strange.. almost as it is not the new colored tab but the old yellow tint tab, theres no difference... it gets worse as you click thru the icons..

Feels somehow inconsistent, but really, I can be wrong. Theres no way to tell untill we see it ingame and click thru.
If you can, make it very simple, no faces.. just a shades of the same color you used on the big hand. I guess... its up to you completely .)

PS: This whole spellmaker set of tabs is a big mess, I think there was no much testing and thoughts put into this. With all these adjustments we are doing, it will be much better!! It all makes sense when you actually using the spellmaker ingame
10.jpg
I actually have been thinking about it alot, and I think I have a way to make it colorful, but keep the original style...

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

https://www.mediafire.com/file/96alyh0h ... A.psd/file

I tried my best to make it look alright, but I'm not sure how much better it is.
Last edited by Adrinus on Sat May 25, 2019 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Cool its better and quite detailed thank you, but the psd file cant be downloaded, I need it for the shadows and maybe tweaking it a bit.
Thank you Adrinus! The top one might be a bit brighter, but I can adjust it in psd laters so its all good!
PS: the lowest one with three figures, always reminds me of some wild rave party or ritual LOL

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Fixed the link, sorry.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thank you, well Ive spend a afternoon on that and ended up with a version I hate :D
Than I created this one
The ice effect is made brighter, the lightning bolts a bit darker, and the characters are more in tune with the color of a hand.
I will either use this one, or the old one.
I move on from this I guess
MASK01I0.IMG.png
MASK01I0.IMG.png (223.97 KiB) Viewed 9746 times

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

You've done a great job with it. I don't much like It I have to admit. I'm not a fan of the skin-tone characters, but it doesn't look bad or anything, and it's your pack :)

pango

Post by pango »

While being attacked by an ice atronach I noticed something strange: at the beginning of the attack, when it just raised his arm, there's a very pixelated frame (my best guess would be 293-5_0, but I'm not sure). I guess this one doesn't get correctly overridden...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Adrinus wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:45 pm You've done a great job with it. I don't much like It I have to admit. I'm not a fan of the skin-tone characters, but it doesn't look bad or anything, and it's your pack :)
Thanks and I apreciate the feedback, even if not so positive :)
Think is, it looks one way here on the forums, and other way in game where everything is grey and only one icon is colored at time.
You will have to trust me on that :)

Also, I will have a break from this tab set, and maybe retest laters with old version, than I decide

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Either way, I think you've done a great job of it! I'm excited to see the day that all menus are high-res and have roughly matching style!