KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

No idea on how to create a mod settings
Also. Dream is my vision of the game. Big HUD doesnt fit into that - so I dont see why I should create a option to enable something I dont enjoy.
I guess its up to ppl to mod it if they dont like something. Its about two txt files.. if the desire is so big, Im sure copy/paste is not a obstacle.

I like clean HUD for immersion, that means no unnecessary big compass, and for sure no unnecessary stuff like clock, which is also HUGE. If I want to know the time, I look up...

septua77

Post by septua77 »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:01 am
septua77 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:21 am Loving the mod. Any way to swap out our own custom cursors? I tried just throwing a cursor.png file in the streamingassets/textures but it's all weird looking.

Create your own dfmod package. U cant swap it by dropping file in textures
Ah k. Funny thing is my only other post on the forums is asking how to actually open the Mod Builder tool in unity cause I can't even figure that out lol.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Adrinus wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:59 pm I think that's VIO mod and DREAM not playing nice. There might be a way to set up some configs?
I have VIO above DREAM - NPCs, and below DREAM - Commoners, and so far I haven't seen any bugs.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:23 pm I like clean HUD for immersion, that means no unnecessary big compass, and for sure no unnecessary stuff like clock, which is also HUGE. If I want to know the time, I look up...
I like the clean HUD.
But, if you're talking about Convenient Clock, there's now a setting specific for DREAM, which makes the clock supertiny and practical ;)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Firebrand wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:08 pm
King of Worms wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:23 pm I like clean HUD for immersion, that means no unnecessary big compass, and for sure no unnecessary stuff like clock, which is also HUGE. If I want to know the time, I look up...
I like the clean HUD.
But, if you're talking about Convenient Clock, there's now a setting specific for DREAM, which makes the clock supertiny and practical ;)
It was the other way... it made my compass bigger to match the clock. Would be cool if true

pango

Post by pango »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:29 am It was the other way... it made my compass bigger to match the clock. Would be cool if true
No, if you use its D.R.E.A.M. preset (or a Scale Modifier of 0.5), the clock can actually be smaller:
Convenient Clock DREAM preset.jpg
Convenient Clock DREAM preset.jpg (167.97 KiB) Viewed 909 times
Admittedly, for me it only works well with US locale; I think there's still some issues with how float values are stored in JSON mods settings (giant grass issue)...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

alphaTECH

Post by alphaTECH »

Narf the Mouse wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:05 pm
Adrinus wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:59 pm I think that's VIO mod and DREAM not playing nice. There might be a way to set up some configs?
I have VIO above DREAM - NPCs, and below DREAM - Commoners, and so far I haven't seen any bugs.
I put DREAM right at the bottom of load priorities, as I'd rather use that as a base then put mods on top of it for personal preference.
King of Worms wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:23 pmAlso. Dream is my vision of the game. Big HUD doesnt fit into that - so I dont see why I should create a option to enable something I dont enjoy.
I do, especially since your mod is so popular. If you have repeated requests to restore the compass size, it is worth adding the toggle, especially when you accept public input and incorporate others' work to refine your vision.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thing is, I dont work based on requests :) do it if you want it

Krodaevius

Post by Krodaevius »

Adrinus wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:59 pm

I do, especially since your mod is so popular. If you have repeated requests to restore the compass size, it is worth adding the toggle, especially when you accept public input and incorporate others' work to refine your vision.
Why should he use his personal time doing something he doesn't want just because of a "repeated requests" in a thread for a mod he did for FREE?. As the man said, if you want it so bad make it yourself.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thank you