KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
pango

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by pango »

pango wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:55 am Talking of this one, shouldn't the buckle on the left foot be rotated (and reflections tweaked accordingly)? It wasn't possible in the original low res, but now it bothers me...
What about this?
182_45-0.png
182_45-0.png (475.17 KiB) Viewed 1627 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Here's the last 3 NPCs:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/y365zbh6 ... s.zip/file

Edit: Made some Artifacts:
Spoiler!

And also a variant on the Necromancer's Amulet:

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Perfect NPCs as always, plus you saved me with that correction of the feet of the lady :lol:

I really find it hard to return to these NPCs as Ive spend way too much time on them ( as u can see in all the versions ive posted... Im not a artist, at least I was not 2 years back, so getting them to this level was taxing for me) ...thank you!

Artifacts are great as well, Id just maybe tone down the brightness of some of the golden parts of the ring... but maybe it will look good once ingame, needs some testing. Rose turned out nicely as well. Reflections on the ankh too. Great job!

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Ok, Got the edits you suggested done: Here's all the artifacts:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/15hde27ah ... s.zip/file

The Originals:

I used some of the later game lore when it had consistent themes:

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Wow what an amazing execution!
I love how you included the lore of the more recent TES games, just awesome :geek:

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

I have to disagree on the horns on the masque of no-one recognizes you. I think the smooth masque fits the theme better. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

hmm, but in all later games, Bethesda decided to make it look like this, so its the lore I guess?
Opinions on this might differ ofc.. im not biased towards any side atm
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Masque_of_Clavicus_Vile

PS: Its a deadric artefact from "Clavicus Vile" so (s)he also did not wear a fancy mask, but something more... vile? :) She is a deadric princess
I wonder, why she wears a mustache tho? :D Maybe its better not to dwell on the lore too much, makes one head spinning
https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Clavicus_Vile

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

I think the original mask was fine too.

I was just adding details to line it up with future games, since I didn't have a lot else to go on to make the masque more interesting.

As for the question about mustached ladies: the Daedra "princes" are not so named because princes are male, but because Princes inherit the throne: Daedra "Princes" have no gender so to speak: they appear how they want to appear, generally attractive since it makes people more willing to oblige them.

Edit: Trying my hand at some vegetation:
Spoiler!
500_1-0
500_2-0
500_3-0
500_5-0
500_6-0
500_9-0
Last edited by Adrinus on Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

King of Worms wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:31 am hmm, but in all later games, Bethesda decided to make it look like this, so its the lore I guess?
Opinions on this might differ ofc.. im not biased towards any side atm
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Masque_of_Clavicus_Vile

PS: Its a deadric artefact from "Clavicus Vile" so (s)he also did not wear a fancy mask, but something more... vile? :) She is a deadric princess
I wonder, why she wears a mustache tho? :D Maybe its better not to dwell on the lore too much, makes one head spinning
https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Clavicus_Vile
I know it's lore. I still don't like that bit of lore. :)

Edit: Maybe "don't like" is too strong. It doesn't make thematic sense to me.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

pango

Post by pango »

King of Worms wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:47 pm Perfect NPCs as always, plus you saved me with that correction of the feet of the lady :lol:
Thanks!
King of Worms wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:47 pm I really find it hard to return to these NPCs as Ive spend way too much time on them ( as u can see in all the versions ive posted... Im not a artist, at least I was not 2 years back, so getting them to this level was taxing for me) ...thank you!
I already experienced burn out in the past, so I can understand that.
That's also why I treat high dedication with honor and gratefulness ;)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart