KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Adrinus

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by Adrinus »

Glad to hear your computer build has gone well!

I finally got around to messing with the new villagers you sent me:
Spoiler!
OG:

Before:

After:

Guy 2
Before:

After:

Oh god:
Does that seem ok? Or should I go for more detail?

Edit:
I've also done some tweaking to alot of the weapons and armor to fix obvious defects. I'll have missed some no-doubt, but it's a good deal better than it was. In particular I've hand-redone the bows, since they were inextricably garbled.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8wwv3c4o ... 19.7z/file

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi mate, thanks it seems its up and running, just need some more progs installed .)

I like the faces, its your style, perfect for Daggerfall! Yes that lady... :D

I was thinking if it is somehow possible to batch correct the images which are the same but only different colors, but Ive not found a solution to that yet. Like.. u clean one armor, and than use it to clean the rest of the armors. I think alpha mask should do it, but I was not able to. Need to setup a Photoshop again now... Thanks for working on it!

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Adrinus wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:24 pm Glad to hear your computer build has gone well!

I finally got around to messing with the new villagers you sent me:
Spoiler!
OG:

Before:

After:

Guy 2
Before:

After:

Oh god:
Does that seem ok? Or should I go for more detail?
Oh well, the dudes are amazing, it's really outstanding what we've got from a bunch of pixels :shock:

But the blond lady :lol: she looks like she had a serious accident :lol:

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:38 pm I was thinking if it is somehow possible to batch correct the images which are the same but only different colors, but Ive not found a solution to that yet. Like.. u clean one armor, and than use it to clean the rest of the armors. I think alpha mask should do it, but I was not able to.
I think this might be a worthwhile avenue, however: Currently DFU only applies masks to faces. Also, For most of the armors, they are offset by a pixel, or slightly differently shaped for male and female, as well as for the 4 body types.
Firebrand wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:53 pm Oh well, the dudes are amazing, it's really outstanding what we've got from a bunch of pixels :shock:

But the blond lady :lol: she looks like she had a serious accident :lol:
The lady is what the algorithm generated, don't worry, I'm not *that* bad :P

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Haha yea I remember her damn well, that face is hard to forget :lol:
Thanks for the update, Ive merged it to the main paperdoll folder.

I wonder why that one helmet I posted few pages back was too big for a female character...

PS: DFU now runs so well with the new cpu, the loading times are shorter and its just so smooth, Im quite happy about the upgrade! Also unity works better... Ive also noticed my daggerfall master has 20gb and 200k files

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

I think the helmet isn't too big so much as more offset than it should be:

Take an image that's pixelated, and draw a dot in the perfect center.

Now scale up the image so that the "dot" is now 2x2 pixels large.

Hmmm... This isn't a great analogy... Do you know how to use maps?

So if I give you big raw co-ordinates: 37 N by 75 W. That points you to where those two lines intersect on a map.

But we've re-scaled the map.

Now 37N, 75W isn't accurate enough. Now the exact center is 37.5N and 75.5W.

Scale this up again and it gets even more offset.

I think that's what's happening.

Now, this would all be fine if the original weapons and helmets fit exactly on the original game... but they don't. They are off by a pixel or two, causing the upscaled versions to be off-set exponentially more.

Edit: Did some more Arts:
Spoiler!
This guy was "special"... and still kinda is.

This one turned out ok:

Angry Man:

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

Oh! I had an idea about the helmet! What if we darkened the eye holes? Like, on the helmet model itself, so that no eyes are visible through them.

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

Adrinus,

I have a handful of female portraits that I upscaled and touched up if you want them. It's a tiny drop in the bucket considering how many NPC character portraits there are. I did them back in January and then ran out of steam on that venture. Feel free to use them if you want.
Finished Portraits.rar
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 63 times

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

MasonFace wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:56 am Adrinus,

I have a handful of female portraits that I upscaled and touched up if you want them. It's a tiny drop in the bucket considering how many NPC character portraits there are. I did them back in January and then ran out of steam on that venture. Feel free to use them if you want.

Finished Portraits.rar
Those are great, but not the faces I'm working on. I'm doing the villager "mobiles" not their portraits.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I will use some on the portraits if you dont mind MasonFace, thank you :)