KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
princessbinas

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by princessbinas »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:22 pm Eh.. so how is it you now post images with reshade? You are confusing me.

Anyway, if the reshade is working, it will show a text field at the top of the screen as soon as you launch the game.
Untitled-1.jpg

You can turn whole reshade on/off with END button (or whatever your actual/default keybind is) - as explained, its a subtle change in graphics. Sharper, less jagged edges and better effects on the sun etc..

If u press HOME it will open the reshade edit window where u can set the various effects on you own
Also there u can actually enable the DREAM PRESET
Sorry about that. As I said, I thought that the character paperdolls would have DREAM changes and only needed to look at either the character menu or inventory. When I saw the pixel version rather than the quality that the guy with the cloak up above had, I thought that I did something wrong. I only started once you said the player dolls were not were not included and thus rushed to the first town I could think of to get screenshots.

Either way, ReShade is not working... I did not get the message up above that you are pointing out.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (547.13 KiB) Viewed 1439 times
I am really sorry for being an inconvenience. Can I have a link to the ReShade community please?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

No worries abput the paperdoll.

Type Reshade to the google, its a good start 😉

princessbinas

Post by princessbinas »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:29 pm No worries abput the paperdoll.

Type Reshade to the google, its a good start 😉
I have had success! Just needed to rename the "dxig.dll" to "d3d11.dll," using ReShade version 4.5.4, prior to running the game.

This should definitely be noted.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (568.12 KiB) Viewed 1412 times
I am now going to go play with the ReShade and see what settings look good together.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Great! Its confusing because my game works without renaming that file. Im glad u solved it.

Reshade is good servant but bad master. Its tempting to enable lots of effects and make em strong. Problem is, that what looks good in one scene, will look terrible in different scene (example dungeon vs day at winter outside)

I made it so it works everywhere nicely. Its just a mastering of the final image. And same as with sound, its about the slight touches at the correct places.. sound like sex as well 😂 enjoy

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

King of Worms wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:51 pm Cant send the git report so I keep it here in the meantime

TOPIC
Potion maker - size of the modded ingredients is wrong

**Describe the bug**
The size of the modded ingredients is off in some cases when viewed in the "potion maker" HUD tab.
They are too big to fit the tab properly-

**To Reproduce**
1) Download the HD ingredients pack and place it in the streaming assets
https://mega.nz/#!bnxyXKiD!l7AyOma2vOLU ... dkQiwSqZ3s

2) Download the save file
https://mega.nz/#!yzhwRIKQ!NoAhNdxAMlIx ... hQ2e4HETtY

3) Load the save in the game, open the potion maker using console command "Showpotionmaker"

You will see the size of the ingredients is not properly resized to fit the HUD

**Expected behavior**
The size of the ingredients is resized to fit the HUD properly

**Screenshots**
https://imgur.com/a/vwJgnGt

**Desktop (please complete the following information):**
- Version 0.10.20

**Additional context**
Also reported here on forums
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1168&p=40342#p40342
This is fixed now 😀

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks mate, really appreciated as always :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Example of detail textures layering on different materials.

Trousers have a cloth texture
Jacket has different cloth texture
Cloak has different as well

All these items have new shared shading/shadows.

I think it adds some detail to the AI upscalled basic clothing. Im looking forward to be able to spawn all clothing and test it some more. But Id say its not bad.

Going thru all the files in detail helped me in finding quite a few more bugs which I have corrected as well
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (304.82 KiB) Viewed 1316 times

princessbinas

Post by princessbinas »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:44 pm Great! Its confusing because my game works without renaming that file. Im glad u solved it.

Reshade is good servant but bad master. Its tempting to enable lots of effects and make em strong. Problem is, that what looks good in one scene, will look terrible in different scene (example dungeon vs day at winter outside)

I made it so it works everywhere nicely. Its just a mastering of the final image. And same as with sound, its about the slight touches at the correct places.. sound like sex as well 😂 enjoy
It would be worth noting without a doubt. My computer has DirectX12 (I checked with dxdiag), but I am not sure as to why it did not work with the original file name. I got my suspicions of needing to change it to "d3d11.dll" after seeing that Daggerfall Unity uses DirectX11 and that ReShade's fix was to rename the file generated to "d3d11.dll."

I can definitely say, not all reshades look good in all scenes and some people may need slightly different settings. What does not help is how some monitors are made. I have a laptop with Full HD 1080 built in. Someone else may lack HD and another could be running around with 4K. Graphics cards also factor in too, I believe.

I appreciate the innuendo. It makes for a good giggle. :lol:

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Face transplants!
FACE03I0.CIF_3-0.jpg
FACE03I0.CIF_3-0.jpg (254.25 KiB) Viewed 1225 times
FACE12I0.CIF_0-0.jpg
FACE12I0.CIF_0-0.jpg (85.83 KiB) Viewed 1204 times

princessbinas

Post by princessbinas »

King of Worms wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:07 pm Face transplants!
FACE03I0.CIF_3-0.jpg
FACE12I0.CIF_0-0.jpg

Oooooh! Nice! I wish I could emulate that style.

If I ever make a mod, it will probably be an anime-style texture pack. Granted, I would need the patience and focus to do that. I have the attention span of a peanut.