KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
pango

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by pango »

Since DREAM was not available for Linux, Remaster 3.0 has been my texture pack of choice 'til very recently, and I must say that with DREAM, Daggerfall Unity feels like a different game again.
I must add that I'm pleased with the graphic style, it confirmed my trust in your artistic choices :)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. Theres still a lot of work to do, and I hope I will be able to finish it one day - ideally this year.
But as it is now, its still pretty epic. Ive never modded games in this manner. Small adjustments here and there - yes. But not this.

But as Ive said be4, Daggerfall is my best gaming experience ever. So just the possibility to view all the sprites in imaging, all the textures... to see insides the Game and unveil that mystery this game always had, was great. From this the natural urge to improve those assets arised and since than it was a long ride where I learned a lot. Consistency is a key in a project of this size. Its not a problem to be consistent in this project, as it became a obsession of mine.

I think I should finish it this winter and move on with my life :D Have a few months break and than maybe do a thing here and there.. just detach myself a bit from it, I know Im overdoing it .)

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:25 pm Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. Theres still a lot of work to do, and I hope I will be able to finish it one day - ideally this year.
But as it is now, its still pretty epic. Ive never modded games in this manner. Small adjustments here and there - yes. But not this.

But as Ive said be4, Daggerfall is my best gaming experience ever. So just the possibility to view all the sprites in imaging, all the textures... to see insides the Game and unveil that mystery this game always had, was great. From this the natural urge to improve those assets arised and since than it was a long ride where I learned a lot. Consistency is a key in a project of this size. Its not a problem to be consistent in this project, as it became a obsession of mine.

I think I should finish it this winter and move on with my life :D Have a few months break and than maybe do a thing here and there.. just detach myself a bit from it, I know Im overdoing it .)
Rest well when you do: you've created a truly essential mod! Something most people who play DFU will download before ever opening up the original. That's a big deal: I worked on Minecraft Mods back in the day, and I think you can pick out a handful that are "Essential Mods" but even then, most people will never use them.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for a kind words mate, I appreciate it!

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

I'm curious, Did the icon for the ring ever get fixed? For the longest time it was a septum.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

pango

Post by pango »

jayhova wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:50 am I'm curious, Did the icon for the ring ever get fixed? For the longest time it was a septum.
It has been fixed
Attachments
rings.jpg
rings.jpg (268.5 KiB) Viewed 1736 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ive made marble textures more worn and added roughness setup shader, now they look tasty 8-)
2.jpg
2.jpg (526.86 KiB) Viewed 1681 times

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

So many surfaces are too shiny. Even highly polished marble takes on a flat finish after only a short time exposed to the elements. Even indoors oxidation and acidic conditions cause once shiney marble to become dull. Shiney things in the ancient world were highly prized because they were so rare.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

When most of the lights are just bright led powertorches it might appear so. Ty 4 feedback

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

When most of the lights are just bright led powertorches it might appear so. Ty 4 feedback

This is modded prealpha...

My focus is not total reality but nice looks. Ever seen oblivion? Tell me about shiny :)

Anyway, in the opening post there is whole unity package... cca 2 years of dedicated work. Feel free to dl it and alter few sliders to your taste, than share the results so I can actually learn a thing or two.

There will be non materialized version available as well