KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Zonk

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by Zonk »

those interior shots look really good, especially the dungeon one. Something about modern lighting and parallax mapping in low resolution looks gorgeous.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ommamar wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:02 pm Is there any way we can change the sound effect we get when casting a spell?! I love everything else about DREAM but that sound is like biting on tinfoil to me. I would just disable that portion of the mod but it causes an issue where towns don't render properly.
Which spell?
Disabling can cause problems.
Deleting that part of mod does not cause problems

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

1Mac wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:53 pm This looks lovely! I'm trying to download the Mac version and repeatedly get a "Temporary Error, Retrying" message from MegaUpload. The Windows and Linux versions do not have this issue, and I was able to download the Windows version as a test without a problem. Is it MegaUpload weirdness, or a problem with the file itself?

(I'm also curious as to why each OS needs its own version. I assume it's something peculiar to Unity?)

Thanks!
File is ok, smthng off with Mega I guess

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

GreatSphynx wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:50 am First off I love this mod and have been experimenting with it along with others to get different feels for the game.

Recently I've been playing with retro rendering on and I absolutely love how interiors and dungeons look using the DREAM textures, even at the low render resolution the added material properties add a whole lot of character to the game, so I've sort of been seeking out a retro+ feel to the game by pairing just the textures with the handpainted 3d model replacements.

That being said... because the replacement textures are so high res the outdoor textures kind of get destroyed in the retro rendering mode. At a distance in retro rendering all the detail gets completely blurred out and muddied (especially noticeable in the 2nd image below). I'm using point filtering for everything and messed around with the mipmap enable for the retro renderer (which doesn't seem to work), and I just can't get the outdoor textures to play as nice with the retro renderer.

I know you've already done a lot in terms of modularity with this mod, my question is how possible would it be to split the textures into indoor and outdoor mods separately? I'm sure it's doable but i'm guessing it would probably be a lot of extra work for just one guy requesting it. Is there a way I could easily do this on my own? I have some coding experience but no unity experience.

Some screenshots below to show what I'm talking about. Vanilla textures on top followed by DREAM with retro rendering at 640x400 + lighting and shadows.

https://i.imgur.com/o9QqAYO.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/beImuZ6.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qF45wa6.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/rPprXNc.jpg

Thanks again for all your hard work on this mod, it's amazing.
I guess u mean terrain textures.
Those behave differently than rest of tex..

Have set mip map levels in engine.
To me, they are still too blurry.

I hope we find better solution than disabling em

I will not telease more versions than current 3

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi Adrinus, Ive run a fast check on the files.

One material is missing a suffix, Ive found out its _Silver - so I can correct that.

But than for ex 252_17-0 has no suffix, that the leather armor (all leather miss suffix) - is it ok that way? Just want to be sure.

Ive noticed that the golden helmet with red "punk" is golden in all material variants, I know thats in vanilla as well... we might change these things laters. Would be cool if it changed its appearance same as other parts of armor.

Ive got it sorted inside Unity, properties are set, I will just rename to _silver and test a DFMOD from it

PS: Naturally, with batch automating such a huge amount of files, some artefacts are still present, but lets see how it looks ingame 1st, before deciding if it needs to be taken care of or not

EDIT: can u pls rename the silver materials? Its a lot of files to copy out for me to be able to rename em, so if u have em separated it would be easier
Also, this needs more testing. After a quick check, Ive noted some helmets are somehow off and u cant see eyes, one type of bow is not upscaled, staff is not upscaled. It just needs more work for it to be released... Its a good start, just needs more polish
Spoiler!
01.jpg
01.jpg (793.84 KiB) Viewed 2133 times
02.jpg
02.jpg (790.47 KiB) Viewed 2133 times
Last edited by King of Worms on Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:27 am Ive noticed that the golden helmet with red "punk" is golden in all material variants, I know thats in vanilla as well... we might change these things laters. Would be cool if it changed its appearance same as other parts of armor.
It would be awesome :) Pieces of armor (mostly helmets) that doesn't change look based on materials always confuse me so much :?

For example, I remember an egg-like helmet, light gray. It's the same icon for leather helmet (must be made from the skin of some gray creature :lol: ), chain helmet, iron helmet and maybe even elven helmet :roll: :roll: :roll:

1Mac

Post by 1Mac »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:53 am
File is ok, smthng off with Mega I guess
I guess what I meant was maybe the file got corrupted when it was uploaded to MU. Either way, I am still unable to download the file, despite me trying different browsers, download methods, etc. I confirmed that I don't have a general issue with MegaUpload since I could download the Windows version just fine.

If you could try uploading the file again, or perhaps putting it on Google Drive or some other mirror, then I'd be able to try this wonderful mod. Thanks!

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:27 am One material is missing a suffix, Ive found out its _Silver - so I can correct that.

But than for ex 252_17-0 has no suffix, that the leather armor (all leather miss suffix) - is it ok that way? Just want to be sure.

Ive noticed that the golden helmet with red "punk" is golden in all material variants, I know thats in vanilla as well... we might change these things laters. Would be cool if it changed its appearance same as other parts of armor.

Ive got it sorted inside Unity, properties are set, I will just rename to _silver and test a DFMOD from it

PS: Naturally, with batch automating such a huge amount of files, some artefacts are still present, but lets see how it looks ingame 1st, before deciding if it needs to be taken care of or not

EDIT: can u pls rename the silver materials? Its a lot of files to copy out for me to be able to rename em, so if u have em separated it would be easier
Also, this needs more testing. After a quick check, Ive noted some helmets are somehow off and u cant see eyes, one type of bow is not upscaled, staff is not upscaled. It just needs more work for it to be released... Its a good start, just needs more polish
Ok, so, I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that the game handled silver and elven with one model... because none was generated. The files with no suffix are "chain" and leather variants. As for missing items... I'll have to check again, but I seem to remember upscaling the bows and staves...

As for the eyes... It looks like the helm is being drawn slightly higher up than in vanilla... That shouldn't happen... Each body has it's own helm designed for their head position.... so i'm a bit at a loss for why that is....

The weird helm artefact is probably from the mask, I'll have to give them another smoothing...

EDIT:
Testing it now and looking through files. The silver thing is fine, see attached a picture of Elven cuirass and silver pauldrons, no extra silver files added.

The helmet masking might have to remain as-is: if I get it too much thinner the hairs will start poking out too much from behind them.

I don't have any in-game yet, but the bows and staves are resized too in my files...

Checked in-game, bows and staves are upscaled. Odd quirk though: any color "Tanto" has a pixelated inventory icon, but is upscaled on equipping.
Last edited by Adrinus on Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:51 am
Ommamar wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:02 pm Is there any way we can change the sound effect we get when casting a spell?! I love everything else about DREAM but that sound is like biting on tinfoil to me. I would just disable that portion of the mod but it causes an issue where towns don't render properly.
Which spell?
Disabling can cause problems.
Deleting that part of mod does not cause problems
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Adrinus wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:36 pm Ok, so, I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that the game handled silver and elven with one model... because none was generated.
Silver and Elven are similar, but not identical. Elven is more or less white, Silver is white-bluish.
Here is an example:

Silver is Left, Elven is RIght.
Attachments
Silver Left Elven Right.png
Silver Left Elven Right.png (162.58 KiB) Viewed 2079 times