[MOD] Realtime Reflections

A curated forum for approved mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Floppy N'Wah

Re: [MOD] Realtime Reflections

Post by Floppy N'Wah » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:51 am

very stunning, I was curious if we could get a version that only has the water reflections? Either way very impressive, must have taken a lot of time. thank you

pango

Post by pango » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:54 pm

Hi,

This mod's Readme mentions that it requires deferred rendering, but after some quick tests with Realtime Reflections 2.2.2 and Daggerfall Unity 0.10.7, it seems I get reflections without this option.
Is it still true (and my tests somewhat wrong, which is not impossible) or is the Readme not up to date?

To put things in context, deferred rendering seems to break with other mods, so what's you take on removing its support altogether?
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Nystul

Post by Nystul » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:11 pm

it requires deferred rendering (which is standard) but does not work with legacy deferred anymore (I dropped support for the older realtime reflection shaders, new shaders use command buffer functionality which - up to my knowledge - does not work with legacy deferred)

pango

Post by pango » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:30 pm

All clear now, thanks!
-- Charles Goodhart

Jammer

Post by Jammer » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:17 am

I followed the readme by copying the dfmod file and textures, and have enabled the mod in the Daggerfall Unity launcher but I don't see any change in game? The only other mods I have enabled are enhanced sky and distant terrain. Do I need to start a new game?

pango

Post by pango » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:59 am

DFU 0.10.8 + Realtime Reflections 2.2.2 work for me, and you definitely don't need to start a new game:
Screenshot.jpg
How did you test it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-- Charles Goodhart

Jammer

Post by Jammer » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:17 am

Oops thanks again, i was using version 2.2.1 instead of 2.2.2. Works now! 8-)

pango

Post by pango » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:27 am

On the other hand I do see exceptions in the logs when I load a game in a dungeon, but I'm not sure of the exact factors required (could be an interaction with another mod for example):

Code: Select all

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RealtimeReflections.InjectReflectiveMaterialProperty.OnWillRenderObject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at RealtimeReflections.InjectReflectiveMaterialProperty.OnWillRenderObject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

UnityEngine.Camera:RenderWithShader(Shader, String)
RealtimeReflections.CreateReflectionLookupTextures:createReflectionTextureCoordinatesAndIndexTextures()
RealtimeReflections.DeferredPlanarReflections:OnPreRender()
-- Charles Goodhart