Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
jedidia

Re: Tedious Travel 0.4.1 (2019-06-08)

Post by jedidia »

perhaps it would be a bit less jarring?
I've tried around with that, but pretty much any message is jarring if the quest already introduced the situation beforehand...

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

Do a DaggerfallUI.Instance.PopupMessage() instead of a MessageBox so you have the best of both worlds. The PopupMessage (text at the top of the screen like "You see Rat") is unobtrusive and can still convey information to the player.

Will you consider disabling weather particles during accelerated travel and stopping travel on the disease message for the next version? v0.2.0 of Ironman Game Systems has these implemented for Tedious Travel, if you want to see what I mean.

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

Do a DaggerfallUI.Instance.PopupMessage()
Those don't pause the game though, which is the entire point...
v0.2.0 of Ironman Game Systems has these implemented for Tedious Travel, if you want to see what I mean.
Yeah, I'd be very interested in seeing how you solved that. I can't find a repository of the mod anywhere though, do you have somewhere where I can look it at it?

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

You don't need to use a MessageBox to pause the game. You can call GameManager.Instance.PauseGame(true) to pause it and use false to unpause it when ready.

Alternately, you can block input for a set amount of time using InputManager.Instance.IsPaused - or write some sort of pausing/resuming into your autopilot. Or you can add an OnClose() event to any MessageBox that restores the original state of the InputManager.Instance.IsPaused property so travel resumes immediately when the message box is closed - the same, of course, can be done for pausing the game.

What I did to make TT compatible with Warm Ashes while my "Disable Pausing" setting is enabled was force the game to pause when a MessageBox is detected by an OnWindowChange event. If you try IGS with TT+WA and Disable Pausing enabled, you can see that in action - though it looks like you've already done it yourself.

I don't have a Github repo for the mods right now, but I think I pasted that code in here about a month ago? I won't be at my computer for quite awhile or I'd give you what I have now.

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

but I think I pasted that code in here about a month ago?
Whoops, completely forgot about that. Found it, thanks!

jedidia

Re: Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

Post by jedidia »

It took me another darn while, but a new version is finally up. Most notably, this should fix the issues the mod had with warm ashes, which was a shame because the two go really well together. Much thanks to Pango for laying the heavy groundwork!
There's a few other improvements, see changelog in the first post.

pango

Post by pango »

The changelog looks great, I'm glad you found the time to update this mod :)

I'll put it to the test immediately :D
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

This news puts a smile on my face

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

jedidia wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:08 pm It took me another darn while, but a new version is finally up. Most notably, this should fix the issues the mod had with warm ashes, which was a shame because the two go really well together. Much thanks to Pango for laying the heavy groundwork!
There's a few other improvements, see changelog in the first post.
Thanks for the update! :)

It would be great if you could add your mod to the Daggerfall Unity category on nexusmods.com, too:

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

It would be great if you could add your mod to the Daggerfall Unity category on nexusmods.com, too:
Nope, a bit too public for me, sorry. I hardly get around to maintain the thing as it is, I don't need the audience of the Nexus nagging me about it. This way, there's at least another forum or github registration separating me from the wider audience :lol: