Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

Post by Hazelnut »

Hmm, you're running with the release build 0.10.12? I'll need to take a look at this, it may be the mod trying to read the region & locations before the systems have been fully initialised.

Has anyone successfully used TT with .12 or .13 DFU builds?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I'm pretty sure I used tedious travel with 0.10.13 yesterday. Didn't notice anything wrong, but I did not use any ports.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:12 pm Hmm, you're running with the release build 0.10.12? I'll need to take a look at this, it may be the mod trying to read the region & locations before the systems have been fully initialised.

Has anyone successfully used TT with .12 or .13 DFU builds?
I have used TT with both and never have had any issues with it.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

That may be because you already had it generate the ports cache data before .12 was released.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:06 pm That may be because you already had it generate the ports cache data before .12 was released.
I was using my own build of 0.10.12, the one with the terrain sampler changes but I don't think that should affect anything? I'm downloading the official 0.10.13 to see if it works there.

- edit

Using the official build and only activating Tedious Travel in the mods section works fine. It generated the port towns without a hitch. I'll look into it a bit more but I think it's just my stupidity, sorry folks.
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

So I just tested Tedious Travel with my mod Climate & Cloaks and I ran into a bug that turned out to happen also without my mod.

If you hit 0 Fatigue while using Tedious Travel you get the popup about falling to the ground. But this seems to cause some kind of object reference error. You get sort of stuck with the TT menu up, but unable to initiate fast travel. You have to press ESC to close the menu.
Then when you fast travel again, you can hit 0 Fatigue and just keep going without anything happening.

Example save with low fatigue:

Savegame

I solved this in my mod by simply causing damage each round you were awake and at 0 fatigue. Which usually just kills you while using tedious travel if you are going too fast.

Jeoshua

Post by Jeoshua »

I reported this to Ralzar after I experienced it. No offense to Ral meant but I don't really think killing you when I it happens is a proper fix. Even when Tedious Travel and lack of Stamina work "properly", I find myself scrambling for the Interrupt button to stop the incessant "Falls over" message boxes.

Please, make TT just stop traveling when you have zero stamina or recieve damage. It's a quality of life thing.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

I think tedious travel should allow Vampires to use travel during the day, you are not actually teleporting to place to place like in Classic, you could use Shield spell and occasional healing spells, regens and all sorts of things to manage travelling during day time. Now travelling(especially finding safe space) is nearly impossible with Vampire as you cannot even open your worldmap during the day to see where the closest safe place would be. You literally cannot do anything if during tedious travel morning arrives.

Jeoshua

Post by Jeoshua »

But Seph, there is a Map button which lets you open the map to do just that. This isn't a glitch, it's working as intended. Vampires get damaged during the day. That's not wrong. The vanilla game kind of assumes you're hunkering down during the day, TT removes that abstraction, by design, and you have to seek shelter.

I had problems with TT myself until I started planning my trips better. Leave town at dawn, leaving for a place no more than 8 hours away, find an inn and sleep, repeat. Vamp travel would be different but the idea is the same. DO NOT SET UP A MULTIPLE DAY TRAVEL.

That being said, the falling over repeatedly thing I do consider a bug. Travel should at least be paused as soon as you pass out.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Jeoshua wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:51 pm But Seph, there is a Map button which lets you open the map to do just that. This isn't a glitch, it's working as intended. Vampires get damaged during the day. That's not wrong. The vanilla game kind of assumes you're hunkering down during the day, TT removes that abstraction, by design, and you have to seek shelter.

I had problems with TT myself until I started planning my trips better. Leave town at dawn, leaving for a place no more than 8 hours away, find an inn and sleep, repeat. Vamp travel would be different but the idea is the same. DO NOT SET UP A MULTIPLE DAY TRAVEL.

That being said, the falling over repeatedly thing I do consider a bug. Travel should at least be paused as soon as you pass out.
What button? Only way to actually see where the towns and dungeons are is with travel map(and you cannot open it when it's day and you are a vampire). The regular map button only shows the local area where i am...right?
Edit: Also Tedious Travel is nothing more then sped up regular travel, there is no reason why you cannot do that as a vampire.