Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Lokkrin Zhataros

Re: Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Ralzar wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:14 pm At this point, if the creator does not return, I'd honestly hope for that as I'd see it as the point where someone needs to duplicate the work as a functioning mod. Hopefully ironing out some of the problems with it. I know I would like a version of it that wasn't such a huge PITA to make work correctly with my mods.
Agreed. So hopefully someone is willing to take over this project if/when the time comes and create an over-all better version. :)

benboley

Post by benboley »

Hi, just wanted to notify the mod author of a problem I've been having.

When using the original Daggerfall font (not SDF) some of the text for Tedious Travel doesn't fit on the screen and goes off the side. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the mod or with unity, but I thought I'd let you know.

https://i.imgur.com/uMb0UyQ.jpg

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:24 am
Ralzar wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:14 pm At this point, if the creator does not return, I'd honestly hope for that as I'd see it as the point where someone needs to duplicate the work as a functioning mod. Hopefully ironing out some of the problems with it. I know I would like a version of it that wasn't such a huge PITA to make work correctly with my mods.
Agreed. So hopefully someone is willing to take over this project if/when the time comes and create an over-all better version. :)
Unfortunately Jedidia hadn't logged on to the forums for half a year now, so I suspect life has taken them away for the foreseeable. I plan to make a travel mod using some of the code from TT but it will not be a direct replacement, I always had quite different ideas about the direction of travel (badum-tish) for an auto traveling mod but left it to Jedidia out of respect since he did all the hard work and I didn't want to compete / steal limelight.

I have the basics working now, so we will see how I get on. As I said it will be an alternative implementation to TT, and not a direct replacement. It will allow normal DF fast travel or if you select the right options time accelerated travel instead. So no shipping stuff from TT etc.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

jimfcarroll

Post by jimfcarroll »

I have a fork, made some edits, and submitted a PR around the time he disappeared. I was never happy with the ship travel duration calculation since it didn't match the base game (which I thought was odd). It never got merged but it's still out there.

Looking at my current repo there appear to have been no edits in the main repository since my PR went up. It's still up to date according to git.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Yeah I saw your PR. My Travel Options mod doesn't change ship travel at all. Not sure whether I'll add some options yet or what they may do, but I don't intend to duplicate the shipping logic and code from TT at the moment.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

jimfcarroll

Post by jimfcarroll »

Well. Thanks for the answer over in the mod forum. I brought TT up to 0.10.25 0.10.26 (current master). It seems to work. I also added an option to automatically attempt to avoid encounters rather than either never attempting, or asking for each one.

If anyone cares it's here: https://github.com/jimfcarroll/TediousTravel
If anyone wants it that can't build it, I can probably post the dfmod file(s) somewhere.
Last edited by jimfcarroll on Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Hmm, those changes are not in .25 but are in master ready for .26 being released, so I suspect that is not going to run with .25 build.

jimfcarroll

Post by jimfcarroll »

Ah. Okay. I built on master and assumed these changes were in 0.10.25. I'll fix the version number. Thanks again.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

HydroHastile wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:31 pm Hello, I'm new here and wanted to ask if this will get updated soon to take into account the blessings of Akatosh when calculating fast travel speed, which seems to be the only thing missing from this otherwise great mod.
I'm going to be releasing a new mod which provides time accelerated travel options like TT but different. It will take this into account because it basically uses the vanilla calculations.

jimfcarroll

Post by jimfcarroll »

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:54 pm I'm going to be releasing a new mod which provides time accelerated travel options like TT but different. It will take this into account because it basically uses the vanilla calculations.
If your repository is public, let me know if you want help testing, I can pull it and build it.