Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
jedidia

Re: Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

Post by jedidia »

Sorry about not showing up for a while. I'm not sure yet when I'll get around to doing the next update, possibly shortly before or after new year when I'll have some vacation. Depends on how well I reach some milestones in other work.
I added a mod message to Real Grass (version 2.7 on Nexus) to allow it to be toggled by other mods
Cool, thanks a lot! Now I only need to find the time to use it.
What button? Only way to actually see where the towns and dungeons are is with travel map(and you cannot open it when it's day and you are a vampire). The regular map button only shows the local area where i am...right?
Edit: Also Tedious Travel is nothing more then sped up regular travel, there is no reason why you cannot do that as a vampire.
I've never been a vampire, so I hadn't realised this. It's definitely not intended. Problem is, all TT is doing is intercepting the regular travel window when it is opened, closing it and opening its own instead. So if something else prevents it from opening in the first place, TT never even notices. I can probably circumvent this by making another interceptor for that particular popup.
If you hit 0 Fatigue while using Tedious Travel you get the popup about falling to the ground. But this seems to cause some kind of object reference error. You get sort of stuck with the TT menu up, but unable to initiate fast travel. You have to press ESC to close the menu.
Then when you fast travel again, you can hit 0 Fatigue and just keep going without anything happening.
Huh, that's new... It used to be that you just passed out for an hour or so, regaining a little stamina (that is a core mechanic, I think), and then it happened again and again as you used up that stamina. Has anything changed with that mechanic? Because this sounds like DFU itself allows you to run around without stamina. Could somebody test what happens if you run out of stamina while not fast travelling?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

jedidia wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:07 am Could somebody test what happens if you run out of stamina while not fast travelling?
Sheesh! Why didn't I test that? :D

I remember a little while back I actually had another fatigue bug that might be related. I had very litte fatigue and used a guild trainer. I then got stuck in an eternal loop of "you fall to the ground" messages and had to force close the game. I reported that, so maybe something got "fixed"? :)

This was also posted in my mod thread:
Jeoshua wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:42 pm Also I use this mod in conjunction with Roleplay Realism and Tedious Travel and have noticed that the Stamina drain doesn't seem to be working properly. Sure I lose Stamina, but I don't pass out when it runs out, don't take damage, and if I lose the last bit of Stamina due to cold weather effects, I am completely immune to passing out from lack of stamina. I think the number is going negative without any checks.

So there's something weird going on with Stamina. My mod handles it two ways at the moment:

0 Fatigue and awake: damage tick every round.
0 Fatigue and sleeping: mod doesn't affect character. So if DFU isn't bugging out, you should regenerate Fatigue.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

jedidia wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:07 am
I've never been a vampire, so I hadn't realised this. It's definitely not intended. Problem is, all TT is doing is intercepting the regular travel window when it is opened, closing it and opening its own instead. So if something else prevents it from opening in the first place, TT never even notices. I can probably circumvent this by making another interceptor for that particular popup.
You no longer need to do this now the UI window factory is available. You can simply tell DFU to use your window instead of the default one. Did you update your mods version of the travel map after IK re-wrote the base one? I would still recommend that your version extends and overrides the base, but I know you're not keen on doing that. If you do the permissions in the base file will probably need changing to facilitate it, just FYI.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

You no longer need to do this now the UI window factory is available. You can simply tell DFU to use your window instead of the default one.
We have UI injection now? Best thing ever! Hadn't realised yet.
Did you update your mods version of the travel map after IK re-wrote the base one?
Not sure. The latest changes I merged was the whole pixel overlay rewrite. If it hasn't changed anymore since then, then yes.
I would still recommend that your version extends and overrides the base, but I know you're not keen on doing that.
An extension would look almost identical to what I have now code-wise (since most logic in the super is private), but would break a lot faster if the superclass is changed...

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

jedidia wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:00 pm
I would still recommend that your version extends and overrides the base, but I know you're not keen on doing that.
An extension would look almost identical to what I have now code-wise (since most logic in the super is private), but would break a lot faster if the superclass is changed...
Well that can change, just figure out what you need to be made protected and/or virtual and submit a PR. It would leave your mod with only the changed code to maintain.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hi. I just discovered that when Tedious Travel is used together with Climates & Cloaks, the C&C effects are not deactivated during fast travel to ports. I assume this is because TT makes its own fast travel which then does not trigger my mods conditions for not running.
This leads to a characters fast-traveling to very hot or cold locations fainting and then potentially dying upon arrival by boat.

I have tried solving this in my end, but haven't managed to find any way to make it work.

At the moment, this IF statement has to be true for my mod to affect the character:

Code: Select all

if (playerEntity.CurrentHealth > 0
&& playerEntity.EntityBehaviour.enabled
&& !playerEntity.IsResting
&& !GameManager.Instance.EntityEffectBroker.SyntheticTimeIncrease
&& !playerEnterExit.IsPlayerInsideBuilding)
Is there something I can add here to make it catch your port travel status? If not, is there something you could add to your code to make it interact correctly with my mod?

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

There shouldn't be much mechanical difference between TT boat travel and vanilla fast-travel. How are you detecting the change in location from normal fast travel, exactly?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

jedidia wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:28 pm How are you detecting the change in location from normal fast travel, exactly?
I honestly am not completely sure. It's either:

playerEntity.EntityBehaviour.enabled

that is set to disabled during Fast Travel

Or:

!GameManager.Instance.EntityEffectBroker.SyntheticTimeIncrease

Is set to true during Fast Travel.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

jedidia wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:28 pm There shouldn't be much mechanical difference between TT boat travel and vanilla fast-travel. How are you detecting the change in location from normal fast travel, exactly?
I figured out a solution. You use:

DaggerfallUI.Instance.FadeBehaviour.SmashHUDToBlack();

before performing the ship travel.

So I simply added

!DaggerfallUI.Instance.FadeBehaviour.FadeInProgress

to my IF-statement.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Just noticed that Temple of Akatosh speciality is to decrease fast travel time and the higher your rank the shorter the fast travel. Does this have any effect in Tedious travel? Does it still effect boat rides?