Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
jimfcarroll

Re: Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

Post by jimfcarroll »

jedidia wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:45 am First of, thanks for contributing. I *do* appreciate it, but usually it's a good idea to check in with the author about his vision for the mod before submitting PRs.
I did ask. And I waited an entire 5 minutes for you to respond. :-)

I would have done it even if you didn't want it. I just wouldn't have submitted a PR. So thanks for keeping the source available.
jedidia wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:45 am As for integrating your changes, if you make it an option that can be configured in the mods settings (something like "native daggerfall time calculation for ship travel"), I will gladly merge it in. I'm all for having options.
Easily done. Might take me until the weekend to get back to it though.
jedidia wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:45 am Also, a cart can actually be significantly faster in in-game time than a horse, because it turns out travelling by cart doesn't consume stamina, so you can easily put in a 12-hour travel day from sunrise to sundown even with lvl 1 characters.
I've also seen many people using recall a lot more than usual when running this mod...
This appears to have changed in the most recent updates. I now have stamina drained with TTing with the cart.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

jimfcarroll wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:21 am This appears to have changed in the most recent updates. I now have stamina drained with TTing with the cart.
Yeah, I had to find an inn to rest every 8 hours of travel with my current character while using a cart, which pretty much matched my experience with horse. Just that with a horse I naturally got farther in those 8 hours.

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

Yeah, I had to find an inn to rest every 8 hours of travel with my current character while using a cart, which pretty much matched my experience with horse. Just that with a horse I naturally got farther in those 8 hours.
Now that's weird, I just started travelling by cart for the first time a week ago or so, and was rather surprised to see the stamina not draining. What DFU and TT version are you running?

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

Oh, never mind, didn't see the last post, and didn't realise there was a new build yesterday:
This appears to have changed in the most recent updates. I now have stamina drained with TTing with the cart.
Either they fixed a bug, or they made one, difficult to say. At least the behaviour is now consistent and carts are no longer OP. :lol:
I did ask. And I waited an entire 5 minutes for you to respond.
Ah yes... My response time these days is quite a bit longer, I'm afraid. :lol:
Easily done. Might take me until the weekend to get back to it though.
No hurry. Might take me longer than that just to merge it, the way things are currently.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I ran into a bug: If you travel by sea to a port, then open your log and use the quicklink function from a log entry to travel, it treats your destination as a port, even if it is not. So you suddenly get the sea transport prompt with a price and number of days, even though the destination is inland.

jimfcarroll

Post by jimfcarroll »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:40 pm I ran into a bug: If you travel by sea to a port, then open your log and use the quicklink function from a log entry to travel, it treats your destination as a port, even if it is not. So you suddenly get the sea transport prompt with a price and number of days, even though the destination is inland.
ha! I was going to mention this. As long as your in a port city, if you filter the map by ports, and use the FIND to locate the (likely non-showing) location, you can travel there by ship.

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

Whoopsy. That's a big one for sure. Thanks for reporting! Sloppy coding due to me assuming that a filtered out location can't be selected, and therefore not requiring any more checks. Didn't realise that find would find those locations just as well...

jimfcarroll

Post by jimfcarroll »

Okay. I update the PR (I guess I was bored). Now using DF native for calculating ship travel is optional and selectable in the MOD settings.

I added an interface for a ShipTravelCalculator and then two implementations. One that maintains your calculation for time and cost (the default) and one that uses the same calculation used in the main DF codebase.

Let me know if that works for you or if you need any other changes.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Realgrass just kills my system when I use Tedious Travel. I was wondering if maybe in a future update if, at all possible, could disable realgrass when traveling?

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

I have had that very same thought, but I'm not familiar enough with the mod system to say if that's possible just like that. It might need deliberate support by the mod itself...