Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Midknightprince

Re: Tedious Travel

Post by Midknightprince »

Its bad, and it did crash..
40, or 45 was probably doable tho..
So I just had a random encounter mid post, this thing is letting me have Random Encounters.
And the head dipping thing only seems to do it when I'm below 10x.
That and up seem to work fine, but I like to cruise at 5 x, or I'm going to like it ;)
My specs are a I-5 2300 64-bit Windows 10 24 gigs of RAM GTX 1050 TI OC, nothing special but I'm pretty sure it's the card with all the mods and textures my 750 couldn't handle it, or it would be a slightly fast slideshow
Check out my YouTube Channel!

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

My specs are a I-5 2300 64-bit Windows 10 24 gigs of RAM GTX 1050 TI OC
Interesting. I was wondering whether the bottleneck was loading the terrain or rendering it. Since I have a somewhat stronger CPU but a somewhat weaker GPU, it would look like the rendering is the major choke point. Thanks for the information.
So I just had a random encounter mid post, this thing is letting me have Random Encounters.
They're a classic daggerfall feature, really. All my mod is doing is checking if daggerfall spawned any enemies in your area and interrupting itself if that is the case.

Al-Khwarizmi

Post by Al-Khwarizmi »

Just chiming in to say that I love the name of this mod.

Midknightprince

Yeah, DFU stutters for me when I zone period.
Its just a hiccup, and its all the stuff I have in, but its not DFU proper..
Getting a new card kinda unlocked a lot of stuff performance wise, and the ram..
So back to the mod, do the footstep sounds for walking go away after you travel ?
That's what's happening for me.
I travel with it, then no footsteps for my guy period.
The horse and cart make noise, but not my guy..
If I quit the game, it fixes it, but reloading doesn't, even if I zone in somewhere..

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

So back to the mod, do the footstep sounds for walking go away after you travel ?
That's what's happening for me.
I travel with it, then no footsteps for my guy period.
The horse and cart make noise, but not my guy..
Huh, no, footstepts should be inaudible during fast travel (because they'd drive you crazy at time acceleration, as would the neighing of the horse), but they should come back afterwards. Guess that's another one for the list.

Midknightprince

So if your using a music pack, and you zone when the song restarts using this, it kinda freezes,and chugs bigtime (maybe even crash if I did nothing).
Just exit fast traveling, and I don't know, I guess it gets a chance to load everything.
Its also probably all the stuff I got going, just a heads up for the interested.
At 10x the head thing hasn't happened so far, but I'm an old man, and I like to take it slow.
The thing is, the slower you go, the smoother this thing runs.
I like that, and the slow pace makes it more realistic for me somehow.
1x is too slow, 10x for me is a bit too fast, but 5x seems perfect, if you can look up, just something to think about.
So hopefully you can fix it, if not, its cool.
I'm still using it :D

jedidia

Re: Tedious Travel 0.1.1

Post by jedidia »

New version is up, should fix most things.
The player "dozing off" is not fixed entirely, but should be mostly no problem anymore due to the pitch resetting whenever a new map tile is entered.
something fishy is happening with map search, sometimes I had to zoom the map region to get it working (otherwise the cursor would stay on my current location). I'm not exactly sure what's going on.
Turns out this is already present in the original travel map. Fixed it in mine anyways.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

The Dragontail Mountains and Wrothgarian Mountains do not have their navigation arrows when this mod is active.

jedidia

Re: Tedious Travel 0.1.2

Post by jedidia »

The Dragontail Mountains and Wrothgarian Mountains do not have their navigation arrows when this mod is active.
Thanks for reporting, fixed.

Midknightprince

jedidia wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:21 pm New version is up, should fix most things.
The player "dozing off" is not fixed entirely, but should be mostly no problem anymore due to the pitch resetting whenever a new map tile is entered.
something fishy is happening with map search, sometimes I had to zoom the map region to get it working (otherwise the cursor would stay on my current location). I'm not exactly sure what's going on.
Turns out this is already present in the original travel map. Fixed it in mine anyways.
Oh man, I have been waiting for this, thank you.
This mod is legit good you guys, just get the mod.