Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

Post by Ralzar »

I haven't tested it, but I see others saying that it matches very well with the airship mod, which lets you pay for airship passage.

Ah_Ftagn

Post by Ah_Ftagn »

Unfortunately, airships aren't really lore-correct to my knowledge, otherwise I'd take advantage of that. How much of that system can be copied into a caravans mod? You might be able to make a solution with that method that would work really well.

--Edit--
Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be something that would work offhand, just copying from one to the other. What's the scripting language like for Daggerfall Unity (For non-coders, would it be easy to learn)? I'm tempted to take a shot at making a caravans mod that could be used alongside Cloaks and Calories/Tedious Travel. Maybe I could hook it into the tavern keeper dialogue, Caravans have people that stop at the taverns right?

IMO, it would make more sense for temples with on-grounds taverns (Those exist in the game!) to benefit from caravans anyway. I assume it'd be as easy as figuring out how to extend the tavernkeeper UI elements, code a text box, yes/no/cancel menu, then teleportation into a town and the passage of time in a way that other mods could recognize.

As it stands, we already might have something kinda similar to use via the top end mages guild perk (Teleporter services). That might be something that could be reverse-engineered for this purpose, maybe?

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

BUG: DFU seems to freeze and crash fairly frequently when traveling at 30X speed or above. I'm guessing it's a DFU specific issue since Tedious Travel hasn't been updated in quite some time. Maybe terrain loading causing freeze or simply mod compatibility issues?

I'm using the latest version of TT 0.4.2 and DFU 0.10.23 (previous versions of DFU had no issue). Also using retro rendering at 640x400 with no graphical enhancement mods or settings.

Save file if needed:
SAVE19.zip
(1017.85 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Thanks! :)

blitzain

Post by blitzain »

Last edited by blitzain on Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lanjane

Post by Lanjane »

This mod is a gem!

But is it possible to disable horse head animation in travel mode? This animation in 30x speed makes my eyes bleed, please, if you can, add an option to hide horse head from the screen maybe? Or at least make it static if speed is set higher than real-time.

Aleryn

Post by Aleryn »

blitzain wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:04 am After installing this mod I can't interact with the map at all

Is this normal ?
I recall having similar weirdness upon my first use after installing the mod. What helped me was running the game after installing the mod and just stepping away for awhile. I remember it taking some minutes for the mod to finalize. Its similar to a lot of complicated Oblivion and Skyrim mods that way.

HydroHastile

Post by HydroHastile »

Hello, I'm new here and wanted to ask if this will get updated soon to take into account the blessings of Akatosh when calculating fast travel speed, which seems to be the only thing missing from this otherwise great mod.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

HydroHastile wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:31 pm Hello, I'm new here and wanted to ask if this will get updated soon to take into account the blessings of Akatosh when calculating fast travel speed, which seems to be the only thing missing from this otherwise great mod.
This mod has not been updated in quite some time and no one has heard anything from the mod creator.

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:56 pm
HydroHastile wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:31 pm Hello, I'm new here and wanted to ask if this will get updated soon to take into account the blessings of Akatosh when calculating fast travel speed, which seems to be the only thing missing from this otherwise great mod.
This mod has not been updated in quite some time and no one has heard anything from the mod creator.
Well, since the sourceccode is released on github, doesn't that make Tedious Travel mod available for contributors to edit/update the code?

I'm just saying that all may not be lost here just because the original creator has potentially "abandoned" the project. I'm guessing that if this mod isn't updated sooner or later, after the next few versions or so of DFU, Tedious Travel may become incompatible and unusable. But that's just my uneducated guess. :?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:05 pm I'm guessing that if this mod isn't updated sooner or later, after the next few versions or so of DFU, Tedious Travel may become incompatible and unusable. But that's just my uneducated guess. :?
At this point, if the creator does not return, I'd honestly hope for that as I'd see it as the point where someone needs to duplicate the work as a functioning mod. Hopefully ironing out some of the problems with it. I know I would like a version of it that wasn't such a huge PITA to make work correctly with my mods.