Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

A curated forum for approved mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
dashyr89
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:10 pm

Re: Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

Post by dashyr89 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:30 pm

First, I must say that I really do enjoy your mod. Combined with some other mods it truely enhance the game to a level I never thought was possible.

That said, your mod has one major gamebreaking flaw. It dosen't address the issue of escort quests. I ran into quests that basicly made enemy attack me every hours if I tried to sleep. With vanilla fast travel it ain't an issue since in takes this into account and you can "sleep" without being bothered. With this out of the window, it makes these quest pretty much impossible to fullfill as you are bound to eventually run out of stamina and die to the enemy. You simply cannot sleep enough to regenerate even a sliver of stamina before you are woken up. So, in effect, this mod that pretty much makes the game so much better overall completely breaks it when it involves that kind of quest. Is there a solution somewhere I missed or do I have to pretty much pretend those quests don't exist? (Assuming no guild expect me to do this.)

User avatar
Ralzar
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:11 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

Post by Ralzar » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:39 pm

dashyr89 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:30 pm
First, I must say that I really do enjoy your mod. Combined with some other mods it truely enhance the game to a level I never thought was possible.

That said, your mod has one major gamebreaking flaw. It dosen't address the issue of escort quests. I ran into quests that basicly made enemy attack me every hours if I tried to sleep. With vanilla fast travel it ain't an issue since in takes this into account and you can "sleep" without being bothered. With this out of the window, it makes these quest pretty much impossible to fullfill as you are bound to eventually run out of stamina and die to the enemy. You simply cannot sleep enough to regenerate even a sliver of stamina before you are woken up. So, in effect, this mod that pretty much makes the game so much better overall completely breaks it when it involves that kind of quest. Is there a solution somewhere I missed or do I have to pretty much pretend those quests don't exist? (Assuming no guild expect me to do this.)
I've had this experience, but consider it a benefit of Tedious Travel. These quests often did not even get the time to spawn an enemy before you fast traveled to location and completed the quest.
With tedious travel I really feel pursued. I have to use inns to sleep to have any hope of getting enough rest and stil have to fight a couple of times during the night.
Tat said, if escort quests could have a lower spawn rate when combined with Tedious Travel, I would absolutely welcome that.

dashyr89
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:10 pm

Re: Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

Post by dashyr89 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:42 pm

Ralzar wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:39 pm
dashyr89 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:30 pm
First, I must say that I really do enjoy your mod. Combined with some other mods it truely enhance the game to a level I never thought was possible.

That said, your mod has one major gamebreaking flaw. It dosen't address the issue of escort quests. I ran into quests that basicly made enemy attack me every hours if I tried to sleep. With vanilla fast travel it ain't an issue since in takes this into account and you can "sleep" without being bothered. With this out of the window, it makes these quest pretty much impossible to fullfill as you are bound to eventually run out of stamina and die to the enemy. You simply cannot sleep enough to regenerate even a sliver of stamina before you are woken up. So, in effect, this mod that pretty much makes the game so much better overall completely breaks it when it involves that kind of quest. Is there a solution somewhere I missed or do I have to pretty much pretend those quests don't exist? (Assuming no guild expect me to do this.)
I've had this experience, but consider it a benefit of Tedious Travel. These quests often did not even get the time to spawn an enemy before you fast traveled to location and completed the quest.
With tedious travel I really feel pursued. I have to use inns to sleep to have any hope of getting enough rest and stil have to fight a couple of times during the night.
Tat said, if escort quests could have a lower spawn rate when combined with Tedious Travel, I would absolutely welcome that.
That is the problem. Even inns didn't helped. The quest I came across basicly made the enemy spawn every hours no matter where I did sleep. Outside/Inn/Dungeon. Dosen't matter... and the location was too far to go in a single "trip" without sleeping. I was pretty much forced to disable the mod to complete this quest wich is a major annoyance when immersion is one of your goals.

BadLuckBurt
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:30 pm

Re: Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

Post by BadLuckBurt » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:44 pm

dashyr89 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:30 pm
First, I must say that I really do enjoy your mod. Combined with some other mods it truely enhance the game to a level I never thought was possible.

That said, your mod has one major gamebreaking flaw. It dosen't address the issue of escort quests. I ran into quests that basicly made enemy attack me every hours if I tried to sleep. With vanilla fast travel it ain't an issue since in takes this into account and you can "sleep" without being bothered.
You sort of get 'vanilla' traveling when you go by boat so that might be an option if the quest gives you enough time. Stocking up on potions / spells would be another way, sleeping is not the only means of recovery.

You can also 'allow' yourself to turn on god mode in the console when you end up with a quest like this.

I don't consider it a gamebreaking flaw though, the vanilla game just completely ignored the enemies during fast travel.

User avatar
Ralzar
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:11 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

Post by Ralzar » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:47 pm

BadLuckBurt wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:44 pm
dashyr89 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:30 pm
First, I must say that I really do enjoy your mod. Combined with some other mods it truely enhance the game to a level I never thought was possible.

That said, your mod has one major gamebreaking flaw. It dosen't address the issue of escort quests. I ran into quests that basicly made enemy attack me every hours if I tried to sleep. With vanilla fast travel it ain't an issue since in takes this into account and you can "sleep" without being bothered.
I don't consider it a gamebreaking flaw though, the vanilla game just completely ignored the enemies during fast travel.
ANother thing Daggerfall should have had. Chance of being interrupted during fast travel.

Imagine going by ship and having to fight pirates along the way :D

dashyr89
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:10 pm

Re: Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

Post by dashyr89 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:53 pm

BadLuckBurt wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:44 pm
dashyr89 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:30 pm
First, I must say that I really do enjoy your mod. Combined with some other mods it truely enhance the game to a level I never thought was possible.

That said, your mod has one major gamebreaking flaw. It dosen't address the issue of escort quests. I ran into quests that basicly made enemy attack me every hours if I tried to sleep. With vanilla fast travel it ain't an issue since in takes this into account and you can "sleep" without being bothered.
You sort of get 'vanilla' traveling when you go by boat so that might be an option if the quest gives you enough time. Stocking up on potions / spells would be another way, sleeping is not the only means of recovery.

You can also 'allow' yourself to turn on god mode in the console when you end up with a quest like this.

I don't consider it a gamebreaking flaw though, the vanilla game just completely ignored the enemies during fast travel.
That is not a solution. This is a workaround A.K.A a bandaid. This makes getting an escort quest almost a death sentence and a gameover if the location is too far. Potions is not available to starting characters and it makes no sense anyway for enemies to find you whereever you go even if it is in the depth of a vampire den.

There is changes that make a game challenging and interesting. This on the other end is quite literally breaking a part of the game. An easy fix would be for the mod delay a bit attacks from escort quests. So youd still have to fend off attackers multiple times during the night BUT AT LEAST you could regen a small bit of stamina. Otherwise it completely break your progression unless you either disable the mod or start a whole new game. Now imagine doing an ironman run with that problem!

I know vanilla ignored enemy interruption. And I am happy that is changed by this mod... But, this is complete lunacy and having to go out of my way for a boat trip or drink potions I don't even have access to is -not- a solution. That is a workaround and it would be better to actually address the issue instead of avoiding it entirely.

User avatar
Ralzar
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:11 pm
Location: Norway

Re: Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

Post by Ralzar » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:08 pm

Lower spawn rate in taverns?

dashyr89
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:10 pm

Re: Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

Post by dashyr89 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:22 pm

Ralzar wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:08 pm
Lower spawn rate in taverns?
Would be absolutely great. I'm not asking for a whole night sleep... but at least enough so I can regen even a small bit of stamina... otherwise it becomes a videogame deadend. =/

BadLuckBurt
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:30 pm

Re: Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

Post by BadLuckBurt » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:32 pm

dashyr89 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:53 pm
That is not a solution. This is a workaround A.K.A a bandaid. This makes getting an escort quest almost a death sentence and a gameover if the location is too far. Potions is not available to starting characters and it makes no sense anyway for enemies to find you whereever you go even if it is in the depth of a vampire den.

There is changes that make a game challenging and interesting. This on the other end is quite literally breaking a part of the game. An easy fix would be for the mod delay a bit attacks from escort quests. So youd still have to fend off attackers multiple times during the night BUT AT LEAST you could regen a small bit of stamina. Otherwise it completely break your progression unless you either disable the mod or start a whole new game. Now imagine doing an ironman run with that problem!

I know vanilla ignored enemy interruption. And I am happy that is changed by this mod... But, this is complete lunacy and having to go out of my way for a boat trip or drink potions I don't even have access to is -not- a solution. That is a workaround and it would be better to actually address the issue instead of avoiding it entirely.
I never said it shouldn't be addressed, only gave a few tips and said that I don't consider it a game-breaking flaw. Being locked out of doing certain things in Daggerfall is nothing new.

And potions are available to starting characters depending on what temple you join: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Tem ... d_Services.

Lastly, the spawn rate of enemies during those quests is specified in the quest scripts, if Tedious Travel can hook into the quest engine, it should be possible to reduce the rate when the quest is being set up.
Ralzar wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:47 pm
ANother thing Daggerfall should have had. Chance of being interrupted during fast travel.

Imagine going by ship and having to fight pirates along the way :D
Agreed, that would've been awesome. That might become reality if that stuff Kamer's working on can interface with TT.

dashyr89
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:10 pm

Re: Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

Post by dashyr89 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:40 pm

BadLuckBurt wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:32 pm
dashyr89 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:53 pm
That is not a solution. This is a workaround A.K.A a bandaid. This makes getting an escort quest almost a death sentence and a gameover if the location is too far. Potions is not available to starting characters and it makes no sense anyway for enemies to find you whereever you go even if it is in the depth of a vampire den.

There is changes that make a game challenging and interesting. This on the other end is quite literally breaking a part of the game. An easy fix would be for the mod delay a bit attacks from escort quests. So youd still have to fend off attackers multiple times during the night BUT AT LEAST you could regen a small bit of stamina. Otherwise it completely break your progression unless you either disable the mod or start a whole new game. Now imagine doing an ironman run with that problem!

I know vanilla ignored enemy interruption. And I am happy that is changed by this mod... But, this is complete lunacy and having to go out of my way for a boat trip or drink potions I don't even have access to is -not- a solution. That is a workaround and it would be better to actually address the issue instead of avoiding it entirely.
I never said it shouldn't be addressed, only gave a few tips and said that I don't consider it a game-breaking flaw. Being locked out of doing certain things in Daggerfall is nothing new.

And potions are available to starting characters depending on what temple you join: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Tem ... d_Services.

Lastly, the spawn rate of enemies during those quests is specified in the quest scripts, if Tedious Travel can hook into the quest engine, it should be possible to reduce the rate when the quest is being set up.
Ralzar wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:47 pm
ANother thing Daggerfall should have had. Chance of being interrupted during fast travel.

Imagine going by ship and having to fight pirates along the way :D
Agreed, that would've been awesome. That might become reality if that stuff Kamer's working on can interface with TT.
Sorry but I play that kind of game especially because I do not want to get hamfisted into a specific direction. Already got my own church thank you. Still dosen't help with starting characters. Oh wait, I need the metaknowledge that ill get fisted by escort mission and thus to have potions early I need to join that specific church so yeah.... Big roleplaying potential here.

I just hope the mod creator can do something about it or someone would be kind enough to make a fixpatch for that specific issue because it completely ruins my experience... Now I know that I need to entirely avoid escort missions... not because my character don't want to. But because -I- don't want to because it ruins my run doing so.

Post Reply