Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

A curated forum for approved mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

Post by Ralzar » Mon May 11, 2020 10:25 am

I haven't tested it, but I see others saying that it matches very well with the airship mod, which lets you pay for airship passage.
My released mods

"I feel like Ralzar specifically wrote those mods for me and then said "Use them". Just so he could watch me die more."
-FuzzyBeanPlays

Ah_Ftagn

Re: Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

Post by Ah_Ftagn » Mon May 11, 2020 10:27 am

Unfortunately, airships aren't really lore-correct to my knowledge, otherwise I'd take advantage of that. How much of that system can be copied into a caravans mod? You might be able to make a solution with that method that would work really well.

--Edit--
Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be something that would work offhand, just copying from one to the other. What's the scripting language like for Daggerfall Unity (For non-coders, would it be easy to learn)? I'm tempted to take a shot at making a caravans mod that could be used alongside Cloaks and Calories/Tedious Travel. Maybe I could hook it into the tavern keeper dialogue, Caravans have people that stop at the taverns right?

IMO, it would make more sense for temples with on-grounds taverns (Those exist in the game!) to benefit from caravans anyway. I assume it'd be as easy as figuring out how to extend the tavernkeeper UI elements, code a text box, yes/no/cancel menu, then teleportation into a town and the passage of time in a way that other mods could recognize.

As it stands, we already might have something kinda similar to use via the top end mages guild perk (Teleporter services). That might be something that could be reverse-engineered for this purpose, maybe?