Enhanced Sky

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Tes96

Re: Enhanced Sky

Post by Tes96 »

I see the enhanced sky.dfmod webpage to download and when I click the download button, it says isn't redirecting.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I don't know where that is, but if I click on this link in the first post it downloads fine. Failure to redirect sometimes has to do with browser cookies, I think.

UnopenedCanofSpoopy

Post by UnopenedCanofSpoopy »

Is there anything like this mod, except instead of HD textures, just removes the mountains/trees in the original textures?

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

pango wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:10 pm I guess that was is going on is that Texture2Ds loaded from mod bundle are cached in loadedAssets dictionary, but later Resource.UnloadAsset'ed, so with time the cache ends up filled with unloaded textures...
not sure, how to fix this and why it happens at all

pango

Post by pango »

Nystul wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:43 am not sure, how to fix this and why it happens at all
From what I understand the UnloadAsset() should be removed, as it's now the responsibility of the cache:
https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... /pull/1671
https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... /pull/1788

By the way, as a mitigation the cache now checks if it's about to return an unloaded asset, so that may be hiding the issue:
https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... /pull/1785
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

ah ok, will take a look

update: there is version 2.1.2 linked in the first post of this thread with retro rendering mode support and fixes - lets see if this helps with the moon texture bug as well

Baler

Post by Baler »

Is there any way this can be uploaded/updated on DFU Nexus?

With respects to Lypyl, Nystul and everyone else involved of course.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

since this is Lypyl's work, we need at least his permission to do so

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

new version 2.2.0 in first post of this thread compatible with 0.10.26

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Guys, its a bit ridiculous this is still not on Nexus. Its a must have mod and I cant imagine Lypyl being against sharing, because the mod is already being shared here. Has anyone tried contacting him?

I understand why Nystul is reluctant to do it, its about the respect to the co-creator. But I think if he is specified in the credits and mod description at Nexus and its made clear that he created this mod in a 1st place (if Im not mistaken) than its correct to do it. Ofc if he comes back and requires the mod being removed from Nexus than by all means do it. But its hardly imaginable he will say so...