Enhanced Sky

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
risk

Re: Enhanced Sky

Post by risk »

a pity, this was perhaps my favourite aesthetic upgrade to the game, besides the dream project itself!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi Interkarma, yup Im partially aware of the history of the mod, and that its not on Nexus out of respect, because the original author is gone. And I really appreciate the fact you guys took care of this essential mod.

Maybe a last step would help. Consider making some official statement thread, where the current state of the mod is described and devs/modders are welcomed to pick up the torch. Maybe it will move things forward as I think many fresh devs/modders have no idea of the history and current state of affairs of this mod.

Thanks for Your work here

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

I made a new version (3.0.1) fixing two broken things:
- sun size should be back to a reasonable amount (you can specify a larger size if you like in mod settings (new SunSize setting)
- sun flare should work again now as intended

here is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gklbM5 ... sp=sharing

while working on fixing this, I realized once again how dated parts of the code really are - main reason is that unity versions changed a lot and moved sun/skybox related stuff around inside unity (e.g. some settings that earlier were belonging to separate components got integrated into different components now). This code really needs some love in the future ;)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

That's awesome, thank you Nystul! :)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Have you considered uploading this to Nexus? At the moment it is basically the only mod that people have to come here to find while at the same time it is one of the most popular mods for the game.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ralzar wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:16 pm Have you considered uploading this to Nexus? At the moment it is basically the only mod that people have to come here to find while at the same time it is one of the most popular mods for the game.
I ask this a lot. Got some answers in a prev page and in a past as well. And while these answers make sense, the fact this mod is not on nexus is hard to grasp... Nevertheless, thanks a lot for the updates :)
Last edited by King of Worms on Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

enderandrew

Post by enderandrew »

For me it is really helpful that on Nexus I can see the download and update dates of all the mods I've downloaded, and which ones I need to grab updates for.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Nystul, just a heads-up. From 0.13.3 users can switch retro mode at runtime. Enhanced Sky just needs a minor change to detect mode has changed and point SkyCam to new render target. I've sent a PR to your branch now with the required change to support this.

https://github.com/Nystul-the-Magician/ ... ll/7/files

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

thank you, will take a look ;)

is there a specific reason why no event-delegate for changing retro rendering mode exists and is fired and instead we need to check this in update function (which is less performant)?

update: new version 3.0.2 available in first post of this thread

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Just letting you know I've tested latest Enhanced Sky release against 0.13.3 builds and everything looks good. I've had no problems switching around retro modes and aspect correction at runtime.

I'm sorry there's no event for this, none of the fields exposed by SettingManager have events attached. It's just comparing an int though and shouldn't be very taxing. Maybe there's better place to do it than in Update()? I can add an event later if you like. :)