Enhanced Sky

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Mister_Nobody69

Re: Enhanced Sky

Post by Mister_Nobody69 »

Alright so I'm kinda new at playing or modding Daggerfall and I've been searching for hours why Enhenced sky doesn't work even tho I put the dfmod file in the mod folder.

azmanian

Post by azmanian »

Did you make sure it's enabled in the mod menu?

Mister_Nobody69

Post by Mister_Nobody69 »

azmanian wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:34 am Did you make sure it's enabled in the mod menu?
yeah but the sky just stays the vanilla one

Imperivm

Post by Imperivm »

Hello, I noticed that this mod completely refuses to work under Retro Rendering Mode. Is there some way to make it work, or can you point me to some kind of mod with similar experience for Retro Rendering? Thank you.

In normal mode it looks gorgeous by the way, but I really wanted an improved original feel, making Daggerfall look as pretty as possible by today's quality and resolution standards isn't really my thing.

pango

Post by pango »

Imperivm wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:33 pm Hello, I noticed that this mod completely refuses to work under Retro Rendering Mode.
Known issue
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Imperivm

Post by Imperivm »

pango wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:55 pm
Imperivm wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:33 pm Hello, I noticed that this mod completely refuses to work under Retro Rendering Mode.
Known issue
Sorry, I am aware it's known, I did read the thread to see if someone encountered this before, I'm just asking if it can be amended in any way. Or any alternatives, if they exist.

pango

Post by pango »

No problem, lot of messages get written every day, it's easy to miss stuff.
As far as I know there has been no improvement on this issue. My understanding is that both features use extra camera, that's why they clash; And solving that is not trivial.
-- Charles Goodhart

Otolith

Post by Otolith »

I posted a problem a few months ago (Re: Enhanced Sky). Since then, I've completely upgraded my computer system and Enhanced Sky now looks beautiful.

I suspect my problems were due to a very old GPU. There's more discussion about that in Spell Icon rendered as blank square. Anyway, issues with sky, icons, and possibly other things that (not knowing what they should have looked liked) may have had problems, are all resolved.

Refaze

Post by Refaze »

Not sure if this is a bug or me but the issue I am having with this mod is it will all of a sudden be sunny then BAM cloudy with no transitioning. Any ideas? I am using DFU alpha with the latest enhanced sky mod. I have no other mods installed.

pango

Post by pango »

Refaze wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:39 pm Not sure if this is a bug or me but the issue I am having with this mod is it will all of a sudden be sunny then BAM cloudy with no transitioning. Any ideas? I am using DFU alpha with the latest enhanced sky mod. I have no other mods installed.
Weather management would need to handle weather intensities, then do fade ins/fade outs between them. That's a known possible improvement, it could even be used for standalone weather intensity (some days could be more foggy than others, etc.) but as far as I know no development has started in that direction...
-- Charles Goodhart