Persistent Dungeons

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Elricwulf

Re: Persistent Dungeons

Post by Elricwulf »

L57 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:02 am
Elricwulf wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:42 am [EDIT]:Okay, yeah just confirmed again, loaded up one of the last Saves I made inside the Dungeon and a Mummy that I had just killed before saving was attacking me)
But that was your second visit to the dungeon, right?
I had visited the dungeon previously, yes. Got plague with no Cure Disease, so I had to leave and come back.

L57

Post by L57 »

Elricwulf wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:52 am
L57 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:02 am
Elricwulf wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:42 am [EDIT]:Okay, yeah just confirmed again, loaded up one of the last Saves I made inside the Dungeon and a Mummy that I had just killed before saving was attacking me)
But that was your second visit to the dungeon, right?
I had visited the dungeon previously, yes. Got plague with no Cure Disease, so I had to leave and come back.
If you visit it for the first time, classic mechanics will work without bugs. I posted that earlier, just repeat to make sure it's clear for you.

In practice with this mod you still have to clear the dungeon at the first visit basically, almost as in vanilla. Bug prevents multiple visits abuse. However, this mod allows you at least to loot all the stuff later, which is a good and immersive thing.

alphaTECH

Post by alphaTECH »

L57 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:59 pm Well, already tested this. :D

Rule 2 partially doesn't hold. If you save and reload in the dungeon during the second visit, enemies will respawn.
I can +1 that, although this mod does what it's advertised to do, it really needs some more thorough bug testing and squashing.

What's pissing me off right now is the local map resetting randomly. I just crawled Woodborne Castle for loot (off the back of a Cartographer's quest) and found too much gold. So I traveled to Tuncart to make a deposit, and while I was there I received a random quest to travel half a day to a town to heal someone at a palace. I did that and returned to Woodborne Castle, and lo and behold, I've completely lost track of where I was because it's reset and I use the local map extensively to mark where I have and haven't been, among other things like locations of switches.

I realize that it was this way in DFDOS but I'll chalk that up entirely to the RAM and disk space limitations of the time. There really is no reason that the local map should forget what you've discovered in these days of octacore processors, multiple gigabytes of RAM, and terabytes of storage space.

I've found that if I exit a dungeon briefly and go back in the local map stays as I left it. I'm not sure what the trigger is for it to forget.

Actually, I'm not even certain Persistent Dungeons has anything to do with this, as the OP doesn't mention saving the local map, but it would go hand-in-hand with the rest of the features.

One other thing: it's be great if the corpse decay time ended in a pile of bones, instead of removing the corpse altogether. This would distinguish old enemies from new, and mark the passage of time in a fulfilling way.

Kane Tombs

Post by Kane Tombs »

I really want to see this expanded and bugtested, it needs some fixing but it's on my list of must have mods.

That being said, anyone know of a way to expand time of dungeon time remembered from 360 to a higher number?

billyloist

Post by billyloist »

This mod is great and exactly what I wanted to see in this game. I noticed that remembering story dungeons (main palaces count too) however might cause a glitch in the matrix and basically duplicate the interior at random.
Also, I believe I found the setting that would allow the game to remember automaps for visited dungeons, take a look at settings.ini in your Daggerfall folder in Appdata where your saves are located and find "AutomapNumberOfDungeons" (there's two). Set them both to like 999. I didn't test it yet, but it might work?

Xium

Post by Xium »

Is anybody still working on this?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

No, this mod has gotten no further updates, and no one's working on it. I believe it's been stable since release, except for the problems described in the first post.

Vondur

Post by Vondur »

I actually came here to ask if a persistent dungeon can be used as storage/player home?

Also want to say how grateful I am for this mod, its ! Its so important to have a incentive to find new dungeons. Especially if you have like tedious travel and no horse.. It completely changes the game and makes you have to be a adventurer and try to find new places for loot and experience.
Adventure Art: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLFHRO ... VAelOQrl3Q

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, DARK KNIGHT (No magicka): https://youtu.be/CO_WHL1cjNU

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, MAD GENIUS: https://youtu.be/gPL9xKpvet0

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

I've been playing through the game with this mod enabled and it seems to work fine. I did not check the "Ignore Main Quest Dungeons" setting and I think I've discovered a problem with this, involving the quests with Mynisera, the Dowager Queen of Daggerfall. To speak to her you have to enter a back room of Castle Daggerfall causing the guards to attack you ... you can usually get in, talk to her, and get out without much difficulty if you are quick, then the guards are reset to passive when you return ... but, with this mod the various guards, knights and battlemages in the castle are not reset and will attack you immediately upon your return to the castle. This makes visiting Castle Daggerfall, a dungeon, a very dodgy proposition to say the least. Would checking "Ignore Main Quest Dungeons" in the settings for this mod avoid this? Does Castle Daggerfall count as a main quest dungeon, or is it just the dungeons you are sent to that count?

#UPDATE# Checking "Ignore Main Quest Dungeons" does indeed seem to sort this problem ... should anyone else have a similar issue.

gwemby

Post by gwemby »

harbinger451 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:04 pm #UPDATE# Checking "Ignore Main Quest Dungeons" does indeed seem to sort this problem ... should anyone else have a similar issue.
I encountered the same issue on my playthrough, but I found a different solution.

Rather than disabling persistent main quest dungeons, I:

1. made a save before angering the guards
2. spoke with Mynisera
3. left Castle Daggerfall
4. made another save
5. pasted my 'mod_persistent dungeons.txt' from the first save to the second

Is it more work? Sure, but I really like being able to see the impact I've made when I return to dungeons like Scourg Barrow and Shedungent, and I didn't want to lose that.
i love you and wish you happy gaming <3