Persistent Dungeons

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
LypyL

Re: Persistent Dungeons

Post by LypyL »

Hazelnut wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:31 pm I assume you just added the mobs etc to the scene cache, everything should just work then. Did you encounter any issues?
It doesn't use the scene cache at present, I'll look into that as it would probably make my life easier.
mikeprichard wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:52 pm "Ignored" means obtained quest items/defeated enemies don't reset/respawn, correct?
It means the mod should ignore anything created by the quest system. It does nothing with them, so they'll behave like normal.
mikeprichard wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:40 am Thanks for the testing, Narf - it's still not clear what exactly the mod does/doesn't do (i.e. which specific aspects of a dungeon aren't "reset", and what that means in terms of gameplay for each aspect), but we'll see.
The same stuff that is stored when you save while in a dungeon is made persistent when you leave. Doors, action objects, enemies & loot.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Narf the Mouse wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:47 am Every time I enter Privateer's Hold, the rat, bat, and Imp are there. It's not been more than five? days. I haven't gone more than a few hours ride from Gothway Garden. Will have more info later.

Edit: The previous corpses are there.

Edit2: The Orc in the side room off the audience chamber remains dead.

Edit3: The Imp in the ritual room off the audience chamber came back, as did their treasure.

Edit4: The rogue in the coffin off the audience chamber room did not.

Edit5: The archer in the room with the tables, off the audience chamber, between the room with the two rats and the boxes, and the stairs from the lower corridor, returned.

Anyway, I'll wait for a reply. :)

Thanks for the report, I'm unable to reproduce this. If you haven't already, could you test a different random dungeon? If you could send me your save that would be great as well.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

So it's expected that some enemies will still respawn after leaving and re-entering the dungeon, even if the dungeon is set to not reset per the mod (according to my reading of Narf's testing)? Or, maybe there are some fixed enemies e.g. in Privateer's Hold that will still always appear each time you leave and enter the dungeon, even with the mod active?

Al-Khwarizmi

Post by Al-Khwarizmi »

Narf the Mouse wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:48 pm I have wanted this since 1997.
Same here. I don't have time to test these days, but I can't wait to do so. Amazing!

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

The bug appears to have disappeared. The dead enemies in Privateer's Hold are still dead, now. Although the treasure piles have regenerated.

I'll see if I can sort out some saves to post.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Don't worry about the save unless the issue comes back. The loot containers respawning was due to an oversight on my part, I've got it fixed in the next version.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Nice. Been wanting this mod for almost 20 years. Can't wait to try it out.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Updated - see original post for details.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

LypyL wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:52 am Updated - see original post for details.
Would it be possible to load the data in the old format, and save the data in the new format? If not, have you considered versioning your save data?
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

The first release lacked versioning which was the main problem. I didn't think it would be a problem as it's only been a few days, if you grab the latest version I reverted the change so this won't be an issue for you.