[MOD] Cleaned SoundClips

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
pango

[MOD] Cleaned SoundClips

Post by pango »

SoundClips.png
SoundClips.png (152.52 KiB) Viewed 13232 times
Description
Daggerfall sound effects were recorded as 11kHz 8bit mono waves, and some effects are specially noisy (crickets and horse clops, to name a few).

This package provides upsampled and manually cleaned sound effects replacements. Volumes have also been adjusted for better balance (thanks Helegad for his original work on Tamriel Mixdown pack!)
AmbientRaining.wav created using "Heavy Rain" by lebaston100 under license Creative Commons BY 3.0 (Attribution). A portion of the original sound was looped, and equalized to match the volume and frequencies of the rain loop of classic Daggerfall (except for the missing high frequencies)

Changelog
1.3 AmbientRaining replacement
1.2 Fixed some denoising and sound looping
1.1 Manual denoising
1.0 Upsampled, volume adjusted sound clips

Download
This package is available from ModDB: Image

Installation
Extract the package and copy the files to the "...\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Sound" folder in your game root.
Last edited by pango on Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:06 am, edited 5 times in total.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Zadroter

Re: [MOD] Cleaned SoundClips

Post by Zadroter »

Very cool thing! It clearly be one of the must-have mods. You edited vanilla sounds, that presented in game? I asking because I'am shure some of this sounds from audio libraries. I heared daggerfall sound effects in some movies in cartoons, and other videogames, so most probably somewhere exist more good versions of sounds

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

This indeed is a must have MOD.
I compared original sounds with the cleaned ones and its almost a miracle what Pango has achieved here.
Its not that "lets remove high frequencies so the noise is not so pronounced" kind of approach here - by far!
10/10

EDIT: Now we need that EAX working guys! We need that echo in a dungeons and castle rooms! Please! :D

pango

Post by pango »

Zadroter wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:15 pm You edited vanilla sounds, that presented in game? I asking because I'am shure some of this sounds from audio libraries. I heared daggerfall sound effects in some movies in cartoons, and other videogames, so most probably somewhere exist more good versions of sounds
Yes, it's a rework of the original sound effects. I'm sure at least some of the sounds could be found from other sources (just the other day I've heard Arena wolf howling on some french radio...), but I have no idea how/where.
Also, some effects could probably be replaced with similar sounds of much higher quality (even if I did my best, there's so much you can do out of 11kHz 8bit material),
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Zadroter

Post by Zadroter »

Well I bet you can find skeleton sounds from original Duck Tales Season 1 Episode 12 "Master of the Djinni", in moment where Djin watching tv :)

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

That's quite a record of mended sounds you have there. I guess you could say it's...

...rec'o'mended!
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Wow, Pango, you amaze me,It's about time somebody took a whack at this...
Ewww more cool stuff to check out...
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

King of Worms wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:23 pm This indeed is a must have MOD.

EDIT: Now we need that EAX working guys! We need that echo in a dungeons and castle rooms! Please! :D
This !!!
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Jukic

Post by Jukic »

@pango: nice work!

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Thanks pango!