V1.0 is out. Thanks to @Hazelnut DU code tweaking, it is now possible to do 3D trees and with good performance. You can now crank it up all the way to Terrain Distance 4. (note that lower terrain distance settings will increase performance even more).
V1.2. is out now
3D trees assets replacement. MOD contains only Temperate Woodland set for now. Winter set not yet included.
*Im releasing the original Speed Tree files for the DFU 3D trees (Its made in Speed Tree 7)
[*]Tree Colliders work only in fixed areas (points of interest/towns/cities etc.), not in the wild.
[*]Vibrant Wind settings of more than 0.4 will make leafs vibrate like crazy.
[*]Tedious Travel gets chop-choppy.[/list]
[*]Use Vibrant Wind MOD (set the values of Speed/Bending/Size/Force between 0.1 and 0.3-0.4)[/list]
- D.R.E.A.M MOD works good. (on DU beta build phase - 1/4 2019)
- Real Grass MOD works good.
- Handpainted Models Replacement MOD works good.
- Enhanced Sky MOD works good.
Test Configuration & Performance
- Tested on AMD Ryzen 5 (12 core) @3.20Ghz, 16Gb RAM, NVIDIA GTX 1050TI.
- Performace @1920x1080 with VSync (Real Grass, Enhanced Sky & Handpainted models) on: about 70fps.
Can anyone help with identifying tree types? I know they are quite a bit stylized, but I think that they can be recognized (Im sure artist made them based on the real tree species).
I started with the temperate woodland set:
PS - Take my trees recognition with a grain of salt, since Im not too sure about them ether (I looked them through tree types photos).