[MOD] Trees Of Daggerfall

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
sebastian7

Re: [MOD] Trees Of Daggerfall

Post by sebastian7 »

For whatever reason I'm having the opposite problem, at least with the newest version of DFU and DREAM installed - trees of daggerfall makes my game lag extensively and go under 15 frames when I enter areas where the mod runs. Anyone have advice? I don't think it's a specs problem, I've got a good PC and trees of daggerfall was running fine before the newest updates.
Check out my let's play series of modded daggerfall where I showcase all the great work people here have done: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... hwqq1ioAdW

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

sebastian7 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:21 pm For whatever reason I'm having the opposite problem, at least with the newest version of DFU and DREAM installed - trees of daggerfall makes my game lag extensively and go under 15 frames when I enter areas where the mod runs. Anyone have advice? I don't think it's a specs problem, I've got a good PC and trees of daggerfall was running fine before the newest updates.
Have u messed up with shadow distance in the ini?

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

sebastian7 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:21 pm For whatever reason I'm having the opposite problem, at least with the newest version of DFU and DREAM installed - trees of daggerfall makes my game lag extensively and go under 15 frames when I enter areas where the mod runs. Anyone have advice? I don't think it's a specs problem, I've got a good PC and trees of daggerfall was running fine before the newest updates.
Sry, I havent updated it to DFU beta yet. Im quite bussy, but Ill try to update it as soon as I can.

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

Hey WMBlast,

I was trying to make a mod that groups plants and trees together to create the look of forests and grasslands instead of randomly and equally distributing them.
How did you manage to replace the billboard plants with actual 3D models? I have trouble replacing the TerrainHelper.LayoutNatureBillboards() with my own function for accessing the placement of those billboard trees. Did you find a way to work with these classes from within your mod?
In Julianos we Trust.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Enabling modded nature layouts is still on my todo list, but you're the first person who's wanted to do this. For now you could develop by changing the DFU code and then once able to you can move it into a mod.

Replacing the billboards with 3d models is done using the mesh replacement mod features developed by TheLacus. I added some code that only uses 3d models for the map pixels nearest (terrain dist = 1) and billboards are still used beyond that for performance
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

Ah thank you for clarification!
Looking forward for the modability feature of nature billboards in the future, thanks for your great work! :)
In Julianos we Trust.

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

VMblast wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:29 am
Sry, I havent updated it to DFU beta yet. Im quite bussy, but Ill try to update it as soon as I can.
Hey mate,

You might find my mod interesting in conjunction with yours. I was wondering if you would be in the boat for making this work and improve the world of Tamriel once more.
In Julianos we Trust.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Daniel87 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:10 am Ah thank you for clarification!
Looking forward for the modability feature of nature billboards in the future, thanks for your great work! :)
Hope it's working for you now it's in.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:41 pm
Daniel87 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:10 am Ah thank you for clarification!
Hope it's working for you now it's in.
Yup, all good :)
Only problem I still have is the tile texture limit due them being handled as Byte from the Core but this can later on still be expanded on.
For now I will try to finish all other climate zones (prototyping with temperate climate is pretty much finished now) and publish it to gather first feedback.

Another issue is that the use of Interesting Terrain will be highly recommended, as it is nearly impossible to adjust all algorithms for all the different height mods, so I had to settle for the (in my opinion) most realistic looking one, which is Interesting Terrain, despite it not being supported anymore.
In Julianos we Trust.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

New update is out. For DFU 0.11.3.

Also Ive released the original speedTree files.