[MOD] Trees Of Daggerfall

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Kamer

Re: [MOD] Trees Of Daggerfall

Post by Kamer »

Very nice

Spoiler!
Last edited by Kamer on Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

VMblast wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:13 pm V1.0 is out.

Big thanks to @Hazelnut! Cheers man :beer:
You're very welcome! :D

Looking forward to more 3D foliage to come.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Another bump because I can't stop taking screenshots. I've been riding around the past few hours in Betony getting some of the comfiest views I've had since Oblivion.

Spoiler!

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

This new version is amazing 8-)

With the new intermediate LOD, the transition is much less noticeable ;)

It runs also faster. I've almost the same spec as your PC (except that I've got an i5 instead of a Ryzen), and I've to say, it's very playable now! Congratulations! 8-) ;)

I've still some freezing for loading times when travelling too much in the wilderness in the same direction, but it looks like a little better than before... I suppose it's the same reason for the hiccups in Tedious Travel :?

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Beautiful, really fits the game well. As if Daggerfall was always meant to have such trees.

Of course now we really need winter trees, and trees for other regions.

BadLuckBurt

Post by BadLuckBurt »

This is incredible. I wanted to hold out but Kamer's screenshots were too sexy :D Just had a quick run around but god, it's beautiful. Will the trees remain climbable? I just went up one and when I jumped at the top, I landed on top of the leaves, best view ever.
DFU on UESP: https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=T ... fall_Unity
DFU Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity
My github repositories with mostly DFU related stuff: https://github.com/BadLuckBurt

Timmuborgir

After Freeing Medora I can't fast travel?

Post by Timmuborgir »

So I'm half way through the main quest, i freed medora. when I left direnni tower I found that when I fast travel to many different citys they would not load and I'm forced to exit the game. I tried going to daggerfall then wayrest with no luck, I am able to go to sentinel. From Sentinel same story except I found I can travel all of hammerfell no problem its just when I try to "cross the sea" that the citys won't load. I am able to go back to direnni too. This has put a quick halt on my questing and I'm upset, please help.
I'm running Windows with all standard mods, dream, hand painted, sky, trees, clock, birds, mountains, dist. Terrain, grass, post proc., wind, imp. Light. Thank you.

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

I suppose it's the same reason for the hiccups in Tedious Travel
A mod like this would certainly have quite a performance impact in combination with TT. What I would be more worried about in that regard though is that if these trees have collision detection, you might get stuch *a lot* while fast travelling...

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Its really nice, and the improvement is notable! Great job guys.

Its still needs more polish for me to use it all the time
- LODs are still way too agressive and distracting when you move around
- performance impact is still high
- terrain transitions take quite a long time

I believe this is not the last version and improvement we see. Fingers crossed!

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

jedidia wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:36 am
I suppose it's the same reason for the hiccups in Tedious Travel
A mod like this would certainly have quite a performance impact in combination with TT. What I would be more worried about in that regard though is that if these trees have collision detection, you might get stuch *a lot* while fast travelling...
Currently trees in the wilderness with this mod don't have collisions.
I think it would be nice in some future releases to add them, but to made it possible to disable them in occasions such as when "tedious travelling" :geek: :mrgreen: