[MOD] Trees Of Daggerfall

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
VMblast

Re: [MOD] Trees Of Daggerfall

Post by VMblast »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:10 am2019.4.2f1 LTS
I need a little bit of help. When I rebuild mod in the new Unity and when I put it back in the mod's folder in the DFU, it just do not register in the main mod dialog (in the DFU main menu) and I really dont know why.. Any idea why and how to fix this?

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I wonder if you've switched to the new default location for the dfmod.json files? Does it run fine as a virtual mod before you build it, or do you not do that? I'm just guessing here, hard to say without seeing your setup.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

VMblast wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:14 am
Hazelnut wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:10 am2019.4.2f1 LTS
I need a little bit of help. When I rebuild mod in the new Unity and when I put it back in the mod's folder in the DFU, it just do not register in the main mod dialog (in the DFU main menu) and I really dont know why.. Any idea why and how to fix this?
Hi!

Can you make sure that you tried with Daggerfall Unity 0.10.25 and not an older version? This is the first build with engine upgrade, so the mod created with Unity 2019 won't work with older versions.

If that's not the issue, i suggest to check the log. You can post it here or send it to me via pm if you prefer.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Updated Trees Of Daggerfall mod.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1826

TheLacus wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:59 am Hi!

Can you make sure that you tried with Daggerfall Unity 0.10.25 and not an older version? This is the first build with engine upgrade, so the mod created with Unity 2019 won't work with older versions.
Hey guys, you did a terrific job. Mod runs superbly on new 0.10.25. Even on terrain distance of 4, the performance is super high....at least thats what I've tested on my machine.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Ive just tested it with Distant Terrain and Mountains & Hills MODs, on 1080p and Terrain Distance of 4 setting, it gives me 60fps+ (tho I would say 75+, as this is refresh rate of my monitor). This version of DFU is huge improvement in performance. Im really impressed.

So not to rebake MOD just to change text, I would delete previous recommendation for terrain distance (up to 2) and go full 4 easily. Tho take this with grain of salt, if you have worst machine than me (my stats on the first page).

Pollskii

Post by Pollskii »

runs great pogpogpog

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

I've always wanted to try this out, any ETA on the winter/desert trees update? :mrgreen:

pdedinski

Post by pdedinski »

Just tested this.. Goes full 60FPS 1920x1200 resolution with Distant Terrain, Mountains and hills mods
Ryzen 7 3700x and a GTX 1070 card

tg08096

Post by tg08096 »

These trees are amazing, thank you so much for this!

I'm running TerrainDistance=4 and have distant terrain/mountainshills/enhanced sky on an R9290 and i7. This screenshot is at about 47fps.

I actually want to explore the wilderness now :-D

The only bit of constructive criticism I'd like to add is that I think the "branches blowing in the wind" effect is a little too rapid, giving it a somewhat artificial look. If you were to slow that down a bit, this would be absolutely perfect IMHO.

Thank you again!
Attachments
Daggerfall's looking better than ever!
Daggerfall's looking better than ever!
Lookin Good.jpg (462.34 KiB) Viewed 2752 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Tg, try setting this:
Recomendations
[*]Use Vibrant Wind MOD (set the values of Speed/Bending/Size/Force between 0.1 and 0.3-0.4)[/list]