[MOD] Trees Of Daggerfall

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
VMblast

Re: Trees Of Daggerfall

Post by VMblast »

jayhova wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:53 am Wouldn't it be nice if foliage and coloration altered with the seasons? This sounds Like a mod waiting to happen.
Yes it would. However I dont want to complicate things for V1.0. Besides I dont know how to do it other than doing changes in unity's materials, but that demands some skillful coding, to be able to be connected and work ingame...which I lack of. :P

//--------------------
Daggerfall Oak model finished. I have to say, this was the most demanding model in term of its unique shape. It was quite challenging to pull that off. I hope that I've pulled that off.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

VMblast wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:38 pm
Daggerfall Oak model finished. I have to say, this was the most demanding model in term of its unique shape. It was quite challenging to pull that off. I hope that I've pulled that off.

The green of the trees reminds me of Oblivion. I want these in my yard.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

You deffo did mate!

Also, the tree changes in seasons in default... like, there are different models (ex sprites) for winter and summer at least.

Also, the bark of this tree without the leaves is basically another model
Spoiler!
508_25-0.png
508_25-0.png (466.43 KiB) Viewed 3602 times
and winter variant
511_16-0.png
511_16-0.png (596.88 KiB) Viewed 3602 times

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

VMblast wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:38 pm
Yes it would. However I dont want to complicate things for V1.0. Besides I dont know how to do it other than doing changes in unity's materials, but that demands some skillful coding, to be able to be connected and work ingame...which I lack of. :P

//--------------------

You did a beautiful job. Top notch as always.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Cheers guys. ;)

Ok here is Daggerfal Maple tree. I just went with this species, maybe someone had some other idea what this tree should be but hey. :P

This concludes all major tree models from the Temperate Climate pack. Whats left are just few bushes, small plants, few rocks and couple of dead tree logs. That should go faster as they are pretty strait forward to work with. Hopefully this pack will not take too long to finish.

After finishing this pack, Ill do winter version of this, but this wouldt take too long as the only thing I need to do is basically get rid of the leafs and add snowy patches. :)

The reason Ive began working on tree model from this temperate woodland pack, is that its the most common starter area and it is something that player see first.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Very nice, I think it fits the original idea. Cant wait to see it ingame :geek:
This is gonna be epic :o

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

This one seems to have a lot of bare branches sticking out
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

This looks like it will be going on my modlist once it's out.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

First of the bushes. I know that they dont look exactly as in the drawings, but its the closes thing I could get at this point. I tested them in my scenes and they work/flow great, in the visual term. :P

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

This will be epic! And I know Im repeating myself :lol: