[MOD] Pure Vanilla Extract

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
MasonFace

Re: [MOD] Pure Vanilla Extract

Post by MasonFace »

Doh! I got in a hurry and uploaded the Meta file that Unity generates instead of the actual .dfmod file. I'm on a losing streak when it comes to uploading files correctly. :cry:

I'm uploading the correct file now. Sorry about that! Should be fixed soon. :lol:

Edit: Corrected file has been uploaded.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Glad u moved to nexus as well..
And yea, that streak :D
Its all right mate!

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

And yea, that streak :D
In my defense, I often have an 8 month old bouncing on my knee and fighting to bang on the keyboard while I'm on the computer, so I'm lucky to ever do anything correctly nowadays! :lol:

Things aren't as simple as they used to be; just gotta find time to work on hobby projects when I get a chance and that often means rushing between diaper changes, feedings, and baths. But I'm not complaining, I'm really enjoying being a father so far! :D

And yeah, I like Nexus Mods so far. I think it's a good fit for DFU and I'm glad that FieldsingAround gave us a nudge in that direction.

Siva_Machina

Post by Siva_Machina »

I am a Linux user. I really hope you make a port.

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

I recall seeing a breakdown (although I can't seem to find it now) that showed that the vast majority of DFU users use Windows, so I will concentrate on Windows releases until this mod matures a little more.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Dream download numbers from nexus

Win 428
Linux 18
Osx 2

So yea..

dMike

Post by dMike »

Most of the time the windows version will work on Linux anyway. At least textures show up fine.

I used PVE on Linux in the past without any problems.

MasonFace

Re: [MOD] Pure Vanilla Extract - Help Wanted!

Post by MasonFace »

I've updated the first post in this thread... I need help!

I really want to start working on other DFU related projects, but I don't want to leave this unfinished. The time consuming part of this is polishing up the AI upscaled results in the few instances where it does poorly, most notably: character faces on low resolution NPC flats.

Also, I think the game textures look so much better with PBR material maps generated, even if just normal maps are used and with very subtle settings. So I'd like to solicit help from the community in generating PBR materials to further enhance the upscaled textures. Of course I can released two versions of PVE, one with and one without PBR materials.

I've uploaded all the source files that have been upscaled so far if anyone wants to take a stab at either of these tasks.

d999

Post by d999 »

Why can I see square instead of ghost when use the mod?
(I use retro retro mode)

without the mod
without the mod
Screenshot from 2019-09-10 17-01-41.png (282.02 KiB) Viewed 3537 times
Attachments
with the mod
with the mod
Screenshot from 2019-09-10 17-00-06.png (211.05 KiB) Viewed 3537 times

BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

d999 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:09 pm Why can I see square instead of ghost when use the mod?
(I use retro retro mode)

Screenshot from 2019-09-10 17-01-41.png
Sadly happens even with retro mode off as I mentioned in the Nexus Mod page for the mod.