[MOD] Roleplay & Realism (modular)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
KovuCougar

Re: [MOD] Roleplay & Realism (modular)

Post by KovuCougar »

Reporting from viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4362

I have a save made in 0.10.27 (with RoleplayRealism 1.0) that when used in 0.10.28 also with RoleplayRealism 1.0 generates "Recipe for Potion of <LocaleText-NotFound>" for some recipes.

I've disabled all mods except RoleplayRealism 1.0 (in my 0.10.28) and I see this. I don't know if it's somehow an artifact of the save being made in 0.10.27 and being used in 0.10.28, but if I disable RoleplayRealism 1.0 I don't get the behaviour.

There's a save attached in the top post of the above linked forum page with my character having several recipes in his inventory that exhibit this behaviour. (Direct link to save zip: download/file.php?id=7018)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I haven't gotten around to test this myself, but I'm seeing some reports of RP&R gallopping working opposite of what it's supposed to in the new DFU version. So when you press run you slow down?
One report says it's connected to Realistic Wagon, but that mod touches nothing about the actual horse riding mechanics. It just manipulates travelmode by forcing the player off/on his horse and wagon.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yes my report was wrong Ralzar, Im sorry. Bottomline is, its the Roleplay Realism which got somehow bugged. When I press SHIFT to run on my horse, the sound changes to running (Thats correct), but I actually start to crawl (walk even slower than without SHIFT - thats not correct)

I can also confirm the " "Recipe for Potion of <LocaleText-NotFound>"" bug reported

Persidei

Post by Persidei »

Hi! I have exactly the same problem. I've changed the version of Daggerfall Unity and it seems that the animation of this mod are "inverted" and it is really a pity. If I can ask, did you solve the problem?

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Can confirm. With 'enhanced horseriding' in R&R galloping does not function properly since DFU 0.10.28 when the movement system was overhauled to better match classic.

You can hear the galloping sound but nothing happens and the horse stays at same speed. I've disabled enhanced horseriding in the mod's settings in my game until the issue is resolved in an update.

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Same problems for me.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I'll take a look sometime this week. Sorry for the absence, have had a lot of RL crap to deal with. (not that it's gone away or anything)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

The issue has been caused by the decoupling of walk and runspeed calculations, as DFU has no need to calculate riding sprinting speeds it doesn't. I've submitted a PR that keeps the coupling of speeds if player is riding. If this is not acceptable to Interkarma then I will need to code a more heavy handed way of overriding the default speeds in the mod. If it is acceptable then this issue will be fixed in the next DFU release.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

KovuCougar

Post by KovuCougar »

KovuCougar wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:35 pm Reporting from viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4362

I have a save made in 0.10.27 (with RoleplayRealism 1.0) that when used in 0.10.28 also with RoleplayRealism 1.0 generates "Recipe for Potion of <LocaleText-NotFound>" for some recipes.

I've disabled all mods except RoleplayRealism 1.0 (in my 0.10.28) and I see this. I don't know if it's somehow an artifact of the save being made in 0.10.27 and being used in 0.10.28, but if I disable RoleplayRealism 1.0 I don't get the behaviour.

There's a save attached in the top post of the above linked forum page with my character having several recipes in his inventory that exhibit this behaviour. (Direct link to save zip: download/file.php?id=7018)
Thanks for the update on the Riding issue. Figured since that topic took over the thread I'd bubble this one back up too so it's not lost.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Turns out although I updated R&R in July to align with the DFU localisation, potions were changed in October and I hadn't noticed because I was not paying attention to DFU. R&R modifies the purification potion to cure poison as its 3rd effect instead of invisibility which makes little sense to me and I suspect was a mistake in classic. Made the update and released a new version 1.0.2 which fixes this issue.

Just to give you an idea of how rusty I now am with DFU development... I loaded your save and pressed 'i' to open my inventory. :D