[MOD] Roleplay & Realism (modular)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Midknightprince

Re: [MOD] Roleplay & Realism (modular)

Post by Midknightprince »

I think the enhanced horse ridding is not working right with 0.11 Beta..
The gallop doesn't actually make you go faster, you can still ride stuff down but you actually go a bit slower when you gallop.
This exact same version works on the Alpha build like it's supposed too, and I did switch mods around and messed with the setting too..
I am pretty sure it's this: it's the only one that messes with the horses and when I turn enhanced horse ridding off it work just like classic.

Could be a mod I guess but rp realism is the only thing that messes with speed that I'm using..
Maybe the temp from climates but I'm testing in fair weather any ideas ?
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Midknightprince wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:43 am I think the enhanced horse ridding is not working right with 0.11 Beta..
The gallop doesn't actually make you go faster, you can still ride stuff down but you actually go a bit slower when you gallop.
This exact same version works on the Alpha build like it's supposed too, and I did switch mods around and messed with the setting too..
I am pretty sure it's this: it's the only one that messes with the horses and when I turn enhanced horse ridding off it work just like classic.

Could be a mod I guess but rp realism is the only thing that messes with speed that I'm using..
Maybe the temp from climates but I'm testing in fair weather any ideas ?
Issues with enhanced horse riding in R&R have already been reported like 10 times now. It has to do with the movement changes made to recent versions of DFU. The issue will most likely get resolved in the next release of DFU.
Hazelnut wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:50 pm The issue has been caused by the decoupling of walk and runspeed calculations, as DFU has no need to calculate riding sprinting speeds it doesn't. I've submitted a PR that keeps the coupling of speeds if player is riding. If this is not acceptable to Interkarma then I will need to code a more heavy handed way of overriding the default speeds in the mod. If it is acceptable then this issue will be fixed in the next DFU release.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

has the Potion of '<LocaleText-NotFound>' problem been fixed? im still getting this error and i have the latest version of this mod and unity

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Yes it's been fixed, but any potions you already have will not be fixed sorry. You'll have to edit your savefile for that.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

MegaRhettButler

Post by MegaRhettButler »

Hello. I use this mod and love it. It's one I wouldn't play without.

Seeing as your say in your OP that you're open to suggestions: Could you add a nerf to lycanthropy in this mod? All it would take to fix it would be to make the physical attribute and skill bonuses unavailable when not transformed and add a small debuff to personality and intelligence (say -5 or -10) that is always active (in beast form and human form). That way werewolves would still be powerful but not game breaking as they currently are. If you wanted to go the extra mile you could make your character lose all SP when transformed to prevent spellcasting (should still be able to turn back as lycanthropy costs 0 SP) but that isn't essential.

I'm aware that Lousy Lycans exists but I think dropping all your items on transformation would make the game revolve too much around managing lycanthropy as opposed to a simpler version based purely on stat changes. As your R&R is modular people who still want to use Lousy Lycans could disable this feature.

Keep up the good work. This is an excellent mod that I recommend to all who play DFU.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:06 am

Issues with enhanced horse riding in R&R have already been reported like 10 times now. It has to do with the movement changes made to recent versions of DFU. The issue will most likely get resolved in the next release of DFU.
I tried this fix with the git build, no dice, galloping still trots..

Just FYI...
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Which git build? You mean you made a build from the latest DFU code yourself? If so, can you please check that your code that you built has the change shown here in my PR https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... 1987/files

All I can tell you is that it works for me in the editor, so please double check your code and that you were running the correct build. Thanks.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Hazelnut wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:53 pm Yes it's been fixed, but any potions you already have will not be fixed sorry. You'll have to edit your savefile for that.
How do i do this?

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Version 1.1 is now released for DFU 0.11.1, it fixes and improves the Mountain Rumors quest. The quest breaks with this version of DFU if you use older versions of this mod.

As for editing your savefile, simply find the save location, edit SaveData.txt by finding the bad name and changing it.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Hazelnut wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:31 am Version 1.1 is now released for DFU 0.11.1, it fixes and improves the Mountain Rumors quest. The quest breaks with this version of DFU if you use older versions of this mod.

As for editing your savefile, simply find the save location, edit SaveData.txt by finding the bad name and changing it.
Ok thanks ill check after work. Does it list the potion effect in the SaveData? Just so i can name it correctly

Thanks