[MOD] Roleplay & Realism (modular)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: Roleplay & Realism mod pack

Post by Hazelnut »

Also regen doesn't achieve the desired effect at all. The point is to not be able to bandage oneself instantly.. so you have to find a place and time where you won't be disturbed.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

The regen effect was just so you couldn't instantly heal yourself with bandages, but it still gave a healing effect. Because applying a regen effect has 't got much to say if you are mid-combat. It needs time to actually benefit you.

What I'm trying to avoid is the Skyrim cheese-wheel effect, where you pause while someone is hitting you to eat 100 cheeses to get up to 100% health.

Edit: The equivalent here would be to pause mid combat to use 100 bandages, turning yourself into a mummy :D

Aleryn

Post by Aleryn »

Thank you for the addition of bandage functionality. Especially the choice of it taking time to be effective. Reminds me a lot of how the OLD MMORPG Ultima Online handled it.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I love how the advanced horseriding and its terrain following part works great when jumping on the horse. The horse head makes a nice dive movements as you jump. It might not be intentional, but it looks great :) I use the biggest value for the smooting, makes it feel better than default IMHO.

Now as always, I was thinking on making it even better :twisted:

I come up with this tweak. When you turn left or right on a horse, the horse head should be lagging a bit behind, having its own inertia.

So if you turn right, the horse head gets off the center of the screen to the left a bit, and than transfers smoothly towards the center again, in a new direction.

When u turn left, head gets a bit to the right and than slowly centers again.

This is to give a horse a bit of left/right inertia, same as it is done in modern games, where weapons have this inertia and lag a bit behind the camera. It will create this effect of horse being independent of the camera/body. Not being 100% rigid.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:16 pm I love how the advanced horseriding and its terrain following part works great when jumping on the horse. The horse head makes a nice dive movements as you jump. It might not be intentional, but it looks great :) I use the biggest value for the smooting, makes it feel better than default IMHO.

Now as always, I was thinking on making it even better :twisted:

I come up with this tweak. When you turn left or right on a horse, the horse head should be lagging a bit behind, having its own inertia.

So if you turn right, the horse head gets off the center of the screen to the left a bit, and than transfers smoothly towards the center again, in a new direction.

When u turn left, head gets a bit to the right and than slowly centers again.

This is to give a horse a bit of left/right inertia, same as it is done in modern games, where weapons have this inertia and lag a bit behind the camera. It will create this effect of horse being independent of the camera/body. Not being 100% rigid.
Cool 8-)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

That's a good idea, but I'm quite busy with what I'm doing so I'll just add it to my (long) todo list for now. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I made a rather extensive list of horse/wagon mod ideas a little while back which goes in much the same vein about the controls.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2900

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:15 am That's a good idea, but I'm quite busy with what I'm doing so I'll just add it to my (long) todo list for now. :)
And it all started with Clickable beds :lol:

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

So to turn a horse to the right, first you turn its head to the right; and vice-versa for left. So the horse head should actually be ahead of where you're turning.

If you want to turn a horse to the right, and its head goes left, well, you're outvoted by at least a dozen hundred pounds. ;)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

So to turn a horse to the right, first you turn its head to the right; and vice-versa for left. So the horse head should actually be ahead of where you're turning.
Lol no, its something else plus its exactly the other way

Basically this gives a horse a inertia. So if you make a turn right, the horse head will actually move a bit to the left while you do so, because he has that forward momentum.

Like in this video, 2nd half is with enabled Inertia. Its mostly noticeable at the left-right movements.