[MOD] Roleplay & Realism (modular)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Seferoth

Re: Roleplay & Realism mod pack

Post by Seferoth »

Hazelnut wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:41 am
Seferoth wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:58 am Oh, i got confused because the option for this was at the settings. Thanks for clearing this up.
Understandable, I removed the settings from the first build but that had a bug and the second attempt I forgot to remove the settings. :(

It will be fixed in a few days, so I'm not doing a third.
No worries, it was purely luck that i even saw that setting. Very excited for this feature though, will be a nice balance bonus to the game.

Hazelnut

Re: [MOD] Roleplay & Realism mod pack

Post by Hazelnut »

Just uploaded the new version of this to nexus mods with the three new modules:
  • Climbing Restriction
  • Weapon Speed Limits
  • Armor Damage
Happy Christmas to all DFU fans and supporters!

Hope you enjoy this present.

:ugeek:
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Thank you Hazelnut! I will definitely enjoy this present. :)
Edit: Love the weapon speed setting. Tested it with various weapons and it's perfect.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

So I just ran into a super specific bug. Originally I thought it was the "Using C&C while port traveling in TT"-bug that had reappeared, but this happens without C&C. I did some testing and boiled it down to this:

If you use both Tedious Travel and RoleplayRealism.

And you use the Encumbrance effect in R&R.

And you are carrying enough to have your speed debuffed.

And you use Tedious Travels port travel.

You pass out from exhaustion upon arriving.

Maybe you can avoid it the same way I did? By adding "!DaggerfallUI.Instance.FadeBehaviour.FadeInProgress" to the IF clause for encumberance mod.

L57

Post by L57 »

Vanilla food consuming in taverns looks incomplete and unnecessary, is it possible to impove it? Probably something really simple yet elegant. I guess it would be much better replenishing stamina instead of health, must be useful while roaming a city for a long time and you don't want to waste your time and money for rent.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

L57 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:45 pm Vanilla food consuming in taverns looks incomplete and unnecessary, is it possible to impove it? Probably something really simple yet elegant. I guess it would be much better replenishing stamina instead of health, must be useful while roaming a city for a long time and you don't want to waste your time and money for rent.
Not unnecessary. It's very much necessary if you roleplay like me.

L57

Post by L57 »

I agree, my point is that it weird that food heals injuries and has no effect on your fatigue.

Either way food&drink mechanic looks underdeveloped and mods could make it better and more interesting. Probably by adding actual food items which can restore your stamina a bit (kind of poor man's stamina restoration spell), or by adding actual hunger in the game.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

L57 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:13 am I agree, my point is that it weird that food heals injuries and has no effect on your fatigue.

Either way food&drink mechanic looks underdeveloped and mods could make it better and more interesting. Probably by adding actual food items which can restore your stamina a bit (kind of poor man's stamina restoration spell), or by adding actual hunger in the game.
Hmm, perhaps food could restore both. Health and Stamina? Many characters lack any kind of healing so having taverns offer a little bit of both could work, especially if you are in a hurry(to complete a quest or something) and cannot afford to take time to rest.

Edit: Also, perhaps medical skill could increase how much your health and stamina is restored by food.

L57

Post by L57 »

I think it would be really great, time matters in Daggerfall so it looks good in this regard.

There are plenty of room for small, but interesting ideas. Your character could be some Nord barbarian brute who can't cast spells at all, but has bestial endurance. Such character could take some advantage of regular food, medical skills, etc. Thus, for example, food can restore stamina regardless of abilities, but health restoration depends on endurance.

I believe it shouldn't be overcomplicated though, rather small but pleasant features.

meritamas

Post by meritamas »

Happy New Year, everyone! :)
Regarding food and drinks, there are some interesting ideas in this thread.
Interest in expanding and improving the Magic system, Capitalism and an Unleveled World.

My main quest in the DFU community is my (Mostly) Magic Mod.