[MOD] Roleplay & Realism (modular)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Midknightprince

Re: Roleplay & Realism mod pack

Post by Midknightprince »

Ok i got ideas....

Let us shoot the birds in the birds mod (I know you may not be able to but hey ), the loot can be the same as crops (twigs and stuff).

Let us loot the weapon shelves in dungeons (just make everything IRON, or not :D )

Croughing activates sneak toggle (YES I like it !).

Make the prostitutes in the bars serviceable (give us a Personality boost for like an hour when used ) and make it for ladies too DF always was a bit sexist..(yeah I know its probably impossible but hey).

Let us run into stuff while riding our horse manually (you can't hit stuff while mounted, seems kinda weird, and riding stuff down should be a thing), make it same as hand to hand damage and to hit for your char (so you'll mostly miss anyways with sucky skills), but hey it's an idea..

We need fog banks....bigtime fogbanks..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

meritamas

Post by meritamas »

Vondur wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:22 am This is gonna be awesome. Like I said in one of the last episodes, Daggerfall Unity could very well become the greatest RPG of all time. Thank you Hazelnut and all other modders.
Yes, this would indeed add a lot to the game.
pango wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:31 pm There have been discussions in the past to include food/drink enhancements in such mod;
This is a good idea. Some useful ideas can be found in this thread.

There could be some mundane diseases as well. Some ideas here - planning to expand on this one later in the future, perhaps link curing diseases to Alchemy (like each disease requiring a special potion to heal, only some NPC healers capable of healing the most severe diseases, reduce the potency of healing spells - or substantially increase the cost/restoration skill required).

One more idea, I read some time ago that in Skyrim, you can catch insects and use them as Alchemy ingredients. That would add some immersion, too.
Interest in expanding and improving the Magic system, Capitalism and an Unleveled World.

My main quest in the DFU community is my (Mostly) Magic Mod.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

A general use Forage button; one that asks, "Will you spend some time foraging?" And an hour or so could pass, and the game could respond, "You picked up:
"Three fig leaves"
"Red berries"
"Mosquito wings (northern)"

Classic had plans for wilderness survival perks/skills, and this sounds like a revival of that idea.

This would certainly be a better way to spend time waiting for that guild hall to open.

BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

One thing that while sounds silly could definitely be useful for Daggerfall as a mod would be an auto walk button (like how you can press a button in the later elder scrolls games and automatically start walking forward.)

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Could I suggest a feature? Would it be possible to make where the player can only access their ship in port towns?

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:49 pm Clickable Beds

Simple module that enables bed models to be activated. When activated, it pops up the sleep menu and disables the auto-teleport to a bed.

Discussion thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1581
Worth it for this alone. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Been playing with advanced archery, its great!
But I have another idea to make it even better.

Would it be possible to add actual physical based trajectory to the flying arrows?
Now they fly in the straight line infinitely. That doesnt feel too realistic, does it?

So I was thinking, if some simple formula could be utilized, to make the arrow fall down with distance?

And OFC!! It could be made even better:

It could be integrated to the existing system perfectly!

Because, if you time your shot ideally, the arrow would fall slower, allowing for a more distant shots.
But if you shoot those "below 1 sec" shots, it would fall very fast. Same with "above 5sec shots"

That would give a player a feedback on the strength of the shot, without the need to study the mod page.

And if we could implement the SOUND of the charging bow, that would make it COMPLETE.

I can create the sound, and it will let u know, when your charge is weak, when its ideal, and when its overcharged. I can sync it perfectly to the actual math/logic behind it

Give it a thought ;)

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

On Queen Berenziah
Interkarma wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:22 pm You might have to reload a couple of times, as sometimes she fails the roll to know about herself. This game...
Realistic knowledge mod. Mod boosts the knowledge of certain things to 100% and other things to a lesser extent. Every entity has 100% knowledge about themselves and at least something to say on any guilds they are members of. Guards have a 100% chance of knowing where the palace is (really everyone should) and a very good chance of knowing where other things are.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

pango

Post by pango »

Talking of guards, it would make sense to find some on top or inside of city walls, sometimes...
That could make climbing wall a little less no-brainer
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Shinino

Post by Shinino »

So I've found that the part of this mod that deals with bringing up the rest dialogue when clicking on an inn bed doesn't work with handpainted models mod.