[MOD] Roleplay & Realism (modular)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Seferoth

Re: Roleplay & Realism mod pack

Post by Seferoth »

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:36 pm
Seferoth wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:05 pm Galloping does not seem to work with the latest version and i did download your updated version from Nexus.
So you've broken your horse? Oh dear. :D

I've no idea why this would have changed. Check the settings that enhanced riding is definitely enabled.
It is enabled. I have the latest DFU. It's just does not work. Gallop is still the same as run button right?

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Ok, an update, it seems no part of your mod is working in my game. Bandages cannot be used for healing, i can board my ship everywhere and of course i cannot gallop. Your mod is enabled as are its features, i have the latest version of your mod and DFU. Can some other mod overwrite your mod somehow? Does the load order matter?
Edit: Does anybody else have these problems with latest DFU version?
Edit2: Ok, scratch everything, no mod(or most) works in my game except graphical mods like Dream. The hell is wrong with my game now?

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Yeah, the whole mod was broken sorry about that. Archaeologists guild mod was fine, but this had an out of date reference and I didn't test it in my rush this morning. :oops:

Have just uploaded a fixed version to Nexus mods, so please re-download v0.7 which will now actually work with DFU 0.10.15, as far as I can see it does anyway. Let me know if you have any issues with this update. Thanks for understanding. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Daedros

Post by Daedros »

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:34 pm
Daedros wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:48 am Any intention of buffing the Bandages portion of this mod? Bandages should either stack, or have multiple uses per stack, and be more available from shops. Plus using a bandage should count towards Medical skill progression, leveling the skill.
I could do that, but not in this modpack. I will move it to the new mod I'm making called (provisionally) LootRealism where I am changing items and loot generation to be a bit more realistic. It's still Daggerfall, just tweaked & refined, so please don't get excited that it's a complete overhaul of DFU items - because it's not. I could move usable bandages over to there and enable stacking etc. I will probably reduce the effectiveness of them as they will be lighter and stack. Not sure about levelling the skill, especially once stacking them etc. It's already trained quite well via resting isn't it?
Medical skill basically doesn't level if you have Regenerate in Darkness ability. Plus, it makes a lot more sense to gain Medical skill from actively healing wounds, than from just sleeping.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for keeping this updated, I know it can get complicated :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:29 am Thanks for keeping this updated, I know it can get complicated :)
Yeah, no problem - it's usually me that breaks stuff anyway. :D In the pursuit of better moddability of course.

Let me know how you go with up to 32 for the smoothing of terrain following.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Quick question about the speed modification. You said Daggers are now faster than the other weapons(makes sense) and other shortswords are not affected, but how about Tantos? Are those counted as daggers?
Edit: Also does the speed change need a new character? I don't see a difference in attack speed between dagger and warhammer with a character that has 100 strength and 100 speed. Am i missing something? Yes, the the mod is enabled and the setting also.
Edit2: Also tested with a character that has 100 strength and 60 speed and the attack speed is the same with all weapons.
Edit3: I use the click to attack option, if that info helps.
Edit4: Or am i just expecting a too big of an difference to vanilla?

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

It's not released yet, the changes I need it core were not in .15 build - they should be in the next. This is why I was scrambling a bit to get updated mod builds out that worked with .15, as I had to remove the new functionality.. basically the new coming soon features are still just that. Sorry for any confusion. Should be able to release this weekend.

Also as I said before only daggers (they look different onscreen) will be faster than other 1 handed weapons. Not tanto's or short swords, just daggers. They will be nearly as fast as vanilla.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Hazelnut wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:55 am It's not released yet, the changes I need it core were not in .15 build - they should be in the next. This is why I was scrambling a bit to get updated mod builds out that worked with .15, as I had to remove the new functionality.. basically the new coming soon features are still just that. Sorry for any confusion. Should be able to release this weekend.

Also as I said before only daggers (they look different onscreen) will be faster than other 1 handed weapons. Not tanto's or short swords, just daggers. They will be nearly as fast as vanilla.
Oh, i got confused because the option for this was at the settings. Thanks for clearing this up.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Seferoth wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:58 am Oh, i got confused because the option for this was at the settings. Thanks for clearing this up.
Understandable, I removed the settings from the first build but that had a bug and the second attempt I forgot to remove the settings. :(

It will be fixed in a few days, so I'm not doing a third.