[MOD] Roleplay & Realism (modular)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Roleplay & Realism mod pack

Post by Ralzar »

Yeah, I've not really noticed it when I've ran someone down. I just realized what happened when the guards came running.
This function could do with better feedback.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Just updated the first post with details of a new module I'm working on and hope to release soon, along with higher armor damage and (hopefully) trampling sound effects. It's a remix of the human enemy class appearances. Tired of sorcerers being the most heavily armoured appearing opponents who don't even cast any spells! Also Archers and Rangers will no longer look like bare chested Barbarians...

It's now up on Nexus! v0.9 :D
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

L57

Post by L57 »

Amazing! These bare-chested barbarian 'archers' were like an eyesore.
Last edited by L57 on Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I've been using it for a little bit while going through Sentinel castle that has a lot of humanoids. It's a bit jarring at first but once you get used to it, it is hard to understand why this is not how the sprites were distributed from the beginning.

L57

Post by L57 »

Ralzar wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:14 am I've been using it for a little bit while going through Sentinel castle that has a lot of humanoids. It's a bit jarring at first but once you get used to it, it is hard to understand why this is not how the sprites were distributed from the beginning.
I wonder if warriors and knights equip non-horned helmets as well as horned ones with R&R now?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Women have winged helmets, men have horned helmets.
But more noticable: they are now both covered in armor, as opposed to the bare-armed and cloth/chain legs that was used before. This is now used by monks and rogues.
That rogues use it might seem weird at first, but not if you think of them more like "mercenaries". Quests that have criminals send guys to rough you up often sends rogues. This will make more sense now as they are sending their muscle, not their sneaky guys.

This change also spreads the sprites out a lot more. So you will see a more even blend of the different humanoid sprites.

L57

Post by L57 »

Thank you, I like these changes very much overall, it's almost like monsters re-balance sort of thing, finally all these things begin to make sense. And I fully agree with your Rogue case interpretation.
This change also spreads the sprites out a lot more.
Does it mean that the same enemy type can be with slightly different textures from time to time? Or I misunderstood it

I'm asking because I just hope and wish that fully armored warriors and knight also have helmets without horns, at least sometimes. Better more often without than with, though :roll: because non-horned round helmets are more (much more) practical in battle. I always loved Daggerfall for its mostly quite realistic/practical-looking blades and armor (unlike pompous cheesy stuff from Skyrim...). And while horned/winged helmets are looking cool, I'd like them to be relatively rare.

This would be perfect default warrior/knight appearance, in my opinion. Full armor, arms are armored as well, but helmet is round. Winged/horned version could be used sometimes, but not too often.

I'm afraid that now only Rogues have rounded helmets. Although I will use this new feature in any case, because it's much better than vanilla mess.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Yeah, this simply shuffles arond the humanoid enemy sprites. So there horned helmet sprites still have horned helmets.

What it really fixes, is stuff like the sorceror having a sprite all to himself that is a big full-plated, horned-helmet, warhammer-wielding sprite. A sprite that doesn't have an animation-set for spell casting...

So the enemy sprites will be the same, just that what sprites are used by what enemies are changed.

L57

Post by L57 »

So, fully armored warrior sprite with round helmet (no horns version) is still in use by warriors/knights, for example? Maybe I put it badly, it's not clear to me, because in the OP there is a picture with knight/warrior with horned helmet only. Just want to clarify this :D

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

No, the bare-armed round-helmet sprite used to be a monk or warrior. That sprite is now used for monk or rogue.