[MOD] Roleplay & Realism (modular)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Nomadic Wolf

Re: [MOD] Roleplay & Realism (modular)

Post by Nomadic Wolf »

After installing this mod, I got demoted in my knights guild? Was it due to this mod or just coincidence?

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Nomadic Wolf wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:25 am After installing this mod, I got demoted in my knights guild? Was it due to this mod or just coincidence?
Just coincidence, nothing in the mod should affect your Knight rank.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Laicus

Post by Laicus »

It would be very realistic that health is not restored during rest, it is better without regeneration at all, than when deep bleeding wounds are closed while you are quietly sleeping - this is absurd! And recovery spells (I don't remember if they are in Daggerfall or not) are also blatant freebies, health recovery should be slow and very expensive. Although rather it should be part of a hardcore addon, but the superhero regeneration at rest, for me in the first place in the rating of unrealistic simplifications in Daggerfall.

Ah_Ftagn

Post by Ah_Ftagn »

I'd add that having "medical supplies" should allow medical skill checks to recover wounds at the "normal" rate if that setting is added to the mod and enabled in the game (in order to remain compatible with the "Rest until healed" button, I recommend that previous damage be quietly reapplied after rest on a failed medical check or lack of supplies).

There is a concept among those who treat traumatic injuries called the "Golden Hour" (Source below), that states that if you recieve proper treatment within an hour of severe injury that your chances of survival or full recovery are significantly improved.

A gameable abstraction of this for Daggerfall would be "in a short period of time from" rather than "in one hour"... and by that standard, following normal patterns of gameplay, most characters are going to be resting soon after combat if they lack magical healing.

As a side note, a setting tied to this could be added, so that resting if wounded and without successful medical check/supplies has a chance (25% incriments of the percentile difference between maximum and current health, or a straight percentage?) of causing an infection.

Source on Golden Hour ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_hour_(medicine) )

Where I heard about the "Golden Hour": A Tabletop RPG called Savage Worlds, which builds it into the system for healing wounds via nonmagical, not-natural-healing means.

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Laicus wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:46 am It would be very realistic that health is not restored during rest, it is better without regeneration at all, than when deep bleeding wounds are closed while you are quietly sleeping - this is absurd! And recovery spells (I don't remember if they are in Daggerfall or not) are also blatant freebies, health recovery should be slow and very expensive. Although rather it should be part of a hardcore addon, but the superhero regeneration at rest, for me in the first place in the rating of unrealistic simplifications in Daggerfall.
I can understand the "realism" concepts you're going for here. Healing in elder scrolls games in general is far too easy from a realism standpoint and even Restoration magic heals quickly without much cost overall. But I would say that what you are proposing, although possibly more realistic, is a very hardcore gameplay concept.

With that said, I don't think the goal of the Roleplay & Realism mods is hardcore realism. It's mostly roleplay, quality-of-life and game-balance options. If the mod titles were honest it'd be more like "Roleplay & Rebalance" because there's very little realism in these mods.

I think these "hardcore-realism" concepts belong in a different mod altogether.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I just started using the 0.10.25 build a few days ago and I just now realized Roleplay&Realism isn't working properly. I haven't tested all features, but I can't click beds, my bandages are not working and I can't gallop.

I tried re-downloading the mod. Running the game with only this mod, and I tried changing its load priority.

One thing though: Climates & Calories sees the mod as loaded, since it keeps giving information about weather you are encumbered or not, which it only does if it detects the RP&R mod with that feature active in the mod settings.

Helmholtz

Post by Helmholtz »

Ralzar wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:13 am I just started using the 0.10.25 build a few days ago and I just now realized Roleplay&Realism isn't working properly. I haven't tested all features, but I can't click beds, my bandages are not working and I can't gallop.

I tried re-downloading the mod. Running the game with only this mod, and I tried changing its load priority.

One thing though: Climates & Calories sees the mod as loaded, since it keeps giving information about weather you are encumbered or not, which it only does if it detects the RP&R mod with that feature active in the mod settings.

Can confirm this is happening with me as well.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Okay thanks for the heads up - will try and test it this weekend.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Not releasing this offcially on Nexus until DFU 0.10.26 is out, but here is a 0.10.25a compatible version for those who want to test it out. Please let me know if anything is not working correctly with .25a - looks good to me but I've not checked everything.
Attachments
roleplayrealism.zip
(40.83 KiB) Downloaded 128 times

jimfcarroll

Post by jimfcarroll »

I have a couple of small (not necessarily in effort, I don't know what it would take code-wise) suggestions that might make for more realistic gameplay.

1. If you're in werewolf/wereboar form, you shouldn't be able to rent a room by talking to an Inn keeper.
1.5. if you're forced into werewolf form due to the moon, you shouldn't be able switch to normal briefly and get into your inventory.
2. Buying anything and having the amount on a letter of credit decrement as if it was gold pieces in your inventor doesn't make sense