[MOD] Roleplay & Realism (modular)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Seferoth

Re: Roleplay & Realism mod pack

Post by Seferoth »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:19 pm Looking forward to the climbing changes.

This is a mod I never really think about, but instantly miss when it's not active. I can never play this game again without the ability to gallop :D
Very true, cannot live without gallop. :D

ZerioctheTank

Post by ZerioctheTank »

Well there goes cheesing my way against tough mobs by climbing up the walls & raining arrows down upon them lol.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

ZerioctheTank wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:59 am Well there goes cheesing my way against tough mobs by climbing up the walls & raining arrows down upon them lol.
You can still cast spells on them 😄

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Firebrand wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:54 pm
ZerioctheTank wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:59 am Well there goes cheesing my way against tough mobs by climbing up the walls & raining arrows down upon them lol.
That should be removed as well tho :lol:

Jeoshua

Post by Jeoshua »

On the topic of climbing changes, I was playing with the settings on my own and found that decreasing the angle of the "wall grab" to that of the "default" climb (0.15f), and decreasing the skill check time for both to "5" instead of "15" made climbing way more responsive and intuitive, and allowed me to more easily grab walls while jumping onto them, while distinctly preventing me from accidentally triggering either too often.

Don't know if these settings are exposed to modding tho.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:41 pm
You mean that's not realistic that I'm using two hands to cast a fireball, while hanging on the wall with my...well.. back? :lol:

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Firebrand wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:26 pm
King of Worms wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:41 pm

You mean that's not realistic that I'm using two hands to cast a fireball, while hanging on the wall with my...well.. back? :lol:
Well if you think about it, it's not realistic to be throwing fireballs in the first place.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

And use weapons as long as you don't move. :shock:

Yeah, I just fail climbing checks if you hold a weapon and they only trigger as you move. So if you get set you can pull out a weapon and plink away. I dunno, assume you have never missed leg day and are gripping like a loony...

Sorry if this disapoints anyone.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Another suggestion that fits your mod theme:

Equip time for armors.
The same way weapons have equip time. So you can't just get dressed for combat in 1 second.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Ralzar wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:38 pm Another suggestion that fits your mod theme:

Equip time for armors.
The same way weapons have equip time. So you can't just get dressed for combat in 1 second.
To be honest, to be realistic you shouldn't be able to move around when getting dressed 😅

Changing pants and shoes when running away from a vampire? You shold have a chance to fall down. Check on Acrobatics skill. Hilarious! 😂😂😂