[MOD] Roleplay & Realism (modular)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jhonrock

Re: [MOD] Roleplay & Realism (modular)

Post by Jhonrock »

Hazelnut wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:24 pm
Jhonrock wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:57 pm
Hazelnut wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:28 am

Yep, I am a firm believer in player choice! Oh, and consequences... :D

I've had quite a few requests to remove this from the mod, and I just do not understand it. If you wanna speed around unrealistically without a care in the world then just use the console.
An option to turn this feature on or off is also a player choice. And, considering the other requests that showed up, this doesn't seem so unreasonable/unthinkable.

But don't mind it. I'll turnt it completely off here and keep playing with the normal horse speed. The lives of the people of Daggerfall are more important. :D
Haha, yeah be a good citizen! But you realise you could simply not press shift when in town, or only when you have a clear run and not in tightly packed residential areas? :D

I'm open to a setting that simply disables galloping in towns though like other games tend to do. Personally not my cup of tea, but it does seems some people would be happier with than and still being able to go fast across the terrain.
Personally, I like the idea of galloping inside cities. Make travel through it way faster. And considering how big some cities are, this is indeed a good feature. But big cities are also full of peasants too, and isn't uncommon to bump with one when passing through some crossroad.

But, between fast traveling and keeping peasants safe, better to keep them safe. :D

I was thinking more on the "quality of life" aspect than on the realism (and the focus of this mod is the realism). So, don't worry about what I said. ;)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

haha, I just had a another thought (gonna need a lie down and smelling salts at this rate!) that I could have an alternate mode that doesn't commit a crime if you hit citizens but just fines your character 50 gp or something... :D
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

hannafamilycomputer

Post by hannafamilycomputer »

Hazelnut wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:21 am haha, I just had a another thought that I could have an alternate mode that doesn't commit a crime if you hit citizens but just fines your character 50 gp or something... :D

From the Uesp...

Assault
Attacking a person during daytime and being seen as long as the attacked person is not killed
8 per attack [regional reputation loss]

2This crime can not actually be committed. Every citizen, including town guards, will be killed with one strike; killed town guards are seamlessly replaced by their combat version. Therefore all assaults will result in a murder.
Source: https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Reputation
(Scroll to the very bottom of the page)

Are the townpeople the same as normal enimies? (Im guessing they are seperate)If they are, you might be able to increase hitpoints and define the punishment as a fine, if this crime is defined in classic's data that dfu uses.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I already use that crime for trampling a citizen with your horse BTW. So it's not unused anymore if you use this mod. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

ZerioctheTank

Post by ZerioctheTank »

People actually gallop in town? Am I the only one that dismounts, and walks on foot (or run technically)?

pango

Post by pango »

When I try to climb a wall with a weapon drawn in classic, the weapon is automatically sheath when climbing is activated.
Also, if I try to draw my weapon while climbing, the sound effect is played but the weapon is not drawn (or maybe instantaneously sheathed). The sound feels like a bug to me, but at least it's consistent with the fact you can't use a weapon while climbing.

Either way, I feel that base game should match classic behavior first, and then behavior altered by mods if needed...
I submitted a PR that does that
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

By the way, while testing the compatibility of the PR with R&R, I noticed a bug in this module: you're only asked to sheath your weapon if that's your first attempt to climb; On later attempt your can climb with a weapon just fine.
-- Charles Goodhart

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

pango wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:40 pm By the way, while testing the compatibility of the PR with R&R, I noticed a bug in this module: you're only asked to sheath your weapon if that's your first attempt to climb; On later attempt your can climb with a weapon just fine.
Every time it checks the skill, it check if the weapon is drawn and fails the climbing if drawn, so unless this is changed by your PR I don't see how it can exhibit this behaviour. So with these changes, that check will become redundant then?

pango

Post by pango »

I tested this bug without my PR, that's why I made a separate post to report it.
The first time you try to climb with a weapon drawn, R&R will tell you it's not possible.
After you managed to climb once, that message will not come back if you try again to climb with a weapon drawn.
-- Charles Goodhart

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

New release is up on Nexus page - v0.10 which needs DFU 0.10.23 or later.

This release adds new modules for changing purify potions to cure poison instead of applying invisibility, auto-extinguishing light when leaving dungeons, and changing the strength bonus applied to what classic displayed.