[MOD] Roleplay & Realism (modular)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: Roleplay & Realism mod pack

Post by Hazelnut »

Hazelnut wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:51 am It's significant, but not enough for most ppl to notice. Basically it matches classic. Maybe faster horse would be a good fit for the mod.
Actually the cart currently is same speed, as it wasn't implemented when the motor stuff was done as I thought it had been. Have submitted a fix. :oops:
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Gonna download this, both clickable beds and hold arrow suit my playstyle. Would be also cool if you first had to buy a lockpick before you could go about picking doors open.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Hope you enjoy. Just so you know a new version will be released this weekend including a third module... I'm really excited about this one as it's much more complex than the existing two are.

By popular request, and also me finally getting around to some of the changes I intended to do on the part of the game that was the first thing I implemented for DFU 2 years ago now!

Enhanced horse riding!! :D
  • Galloping is now possible when riding the horse. Be very careful galloping around populated areas though, as you will trample civilians to death if you hit them! At slower speeds they can dodge, but galloping horses are too fast. If you kill civilians with your horse, you'll be chased by the city watch and possibly arrested for assault.
  • Horse riding presentation enhanced to look less silly when looking up or down. It's still based on the Daggerfall animated horse head graphics, so don't go expecting fancy new textures or 3d models or anything... is just some code. It's pretty cool though. It limits your ability to look down while riding, and affects cart riding as well.
  • Charging enemies for some damage is planned but not yet implemented. Hope to do this before the weekend.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Hazelnut wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:15 pm Hope you enjoy. Just so you know a new version will be released this weekend including a third module... I'm really excited about this one as it's much more complex than the existing two are.

By popular request, and also me finally getting around to some of the changes I intended to do on the part of the game that was the first thing I implemented for DFU 2 years ago now!

• Galloping is now possible when riding the horse. Be very careful galloping around populated areas though, as you will trample civilians to death if you hit them! At slower speeds they can dodge, but galloping horses are too fast. If you kill civilians with your horse, you'll be chased by the city watch and possibly arrested for assault.
  • Horse riding presentation enhanced to look less silly when looking up or down. It's still based on the Daggerfall animated horse head graphics, so don't go expecting fancy new textures or 3d models or anything... is just some code. It's pretty cool though. It limits your ability to look down while riding, and affects cart riding as well.
  • Charging enemies for some damage is planned but not yet implemented. Hope to do this before the weekend.
Sweet but I have to know, will this have an effect on horse riding with Tedious Travel mod?

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

No it will not change the speed of travel for tedious, you cannot gallop a horse for scores of miles without killing the poor beast! :)

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Hazelnut wrote: Hope you enjoy. Just so you know a new version will be released this weekend including a third module... I'm really excited about this one as it's much more complex than the existing two are.

Awesome! 8-) 8-) 8-)
Hazelnut wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:15 pm No it will not change the speed of travel for tedious, you cannot gallop a horse for scores of miles without killing the poor beast! :)
That's super cool! 8-) This could add meaningful choices, in situations where time is essential.
However, how do we know when our horse is getting tired? Will there be an indicator on screen? A bar decreasing? or, maybe, a "tired horse" or "super tired horse icon"? :?

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Firebrand wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:17 am
Hazelnut wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:15 pm No it will not change the speed of travel for tedious, you cannot gallop a horse for scores of miles without killing the poor beast! :)
That's super cool! 8-) This could add meaningful choices, in situations where time is essential.
However, how do we know when our horse is getting tired? Will there be an indicator on screen? A bar decreasing? or, maybe, a "tired horse" or "super tired horse icon"? :?
It will not affect tedious travel in any way, shape or form as far as I know. It just means you can sprint while riding the horse. I am assuming TT has the player walk, and this doesn't change because you're riding a horse.

Orbarth

Post by Orbarth »

The horse improvements sounds fantastic, and travelling in the wilderness may become much better to travel between 2 locations with a galloping horse, thank you very much !

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I recorded a small demo video showing the enhanced horse riding in action.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Have now implemented charging at enemies. Does twice your max hand to hand damage. You can only do it once per enemy, after that they're too alert to your shenanigans. (it's way too overpowered otherwise.. you can simply run over any mobs outside) It costs some stamina to do as well.