[WIP]Airships - Update 0.2.7 [22 Sept 2020]

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
haloterm

Re: [WIP]Airships - Update 0.2.7 [22 Sept 2020]

Post by haloterm »

I think I found an issue in combination with Distant Terrain.

When I fast-travel to some locations far north, such as "Jode Shrine" in "Wrothgarian Mountains", the game crashes. The Player.log grows very much and is filled with the following:

Code: Select all

No terrain object. Ship spawn failed. 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

No hit. Raise Y 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

No hit. Raise Y 
(the last line is repeated until I kill the DFU process.)

When I disable the Airships mod, the crash does not occur, so "Distant Terrain" itself works fine.

The crash also does not occur if Airships is enabled, but "Distant Terrain" is disabled, or if I use "Interesting Terrains" instead of "Distant Terrain" (but I can't use that one yet regularly, because it does not yet support "Basic Roads").

risk

Post by risk »

halo everyone, just wanted to mention that the airships mod no longer works properly as of the latest unity build 11.5.
the airship will travel normally for a good distance but at some point will either stop or start spinning around an axis.
not sure if this mod is still being supported but i thought i should mention it.

thank you!

Kaedius

Post by Kaedius »

It is indeed still supported, thank you I will take a look!

risk

Post by risk »

thank you Kaedius!

oh i am using the latest build actually 11.6.
was working perfectly prior to new patch.
i added world of daggerfall and tooltips after, don't think that would change anything (as it already didn't work before the additions).

Kaedius

Post by Kaedius »

risk wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:00 am thank you Kaedius!

oh i am using the latest build actually 11.6.
was working perfectly prior to new patch.
i added world of daggerfall and tooltips after, don't think that would change anything (as it already didn't work before the additions).
Be sure to upgrade to 0.11.7, there was a change reverted that I believe was the cause of the problems you were having as it now works for me. Please let me know if the ship acts erratically after updating.

risk

Post by risk »

thank you for the update Kaedius.
the airship now stutters a bit on arriving at its destination, and occasionally glitches when passing by a dungeon - but can recover along its path. so that seems to be working fine.
strangely enough though now i can no longer access the lower floors of the ship - it's like there is a force field stopping entry at the door! =p

Kaedius

Post by Kaedius »

risk wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:29 am thank you for the update Kaedius.
the airship now stutters a bit on arriving at its destination, and occasionally glitches when passing by a dungeon - but can recover along its path. so that seems to be working fine.
strangely enough though now i can no longer access the lower floors of the ship - it's like there is a force field stopping entry at the door! =p
Yeah that's been a problem for an embarrassingly long time, there's a small gap in the floor at the door to the lower deck in the model that I stitched together using the ship interior and the exterior boat model that the walking code sometimes gets hung up on intermittently. I'm by no means a 3d artist so it takes time but I should tackle that soon(ish)!

In the mean time if it happens, usually a bit of running back and forth and wildly looking around and jumping sort of breaks the barrier, sometimes! Sorry for the inconvenience.

risk

Post by risk »

please don't apologize Kaedius - i'm just happy we have such a mod, and i really appreciate your work.
it's added a different dimension to playing daggerfall as nowdays i just enjoy the scenery instead of using fast travel (i don't really use the other travel mods).

yes have been able to access the downstairs part of the airship again. it's funny though because all i store in the ground floor is clothes, and my collection of holy daggers =p

risk

Post by risk »

by the way, is there any reason we can't sleep in the airship while it is not flying (i.e when just floating). would be nice to have a place to sleep while travelling - but i guess it makes it too much like a caravan.

also are you considering putting a light switch near the drivers seat? and maybe some spot lights for night travel.. haha

Kaedius

Post by Kaedius »

risk wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:28 pm by the way, is there any reason we can't sleep in the airship while it is not flying (i.e when just floating). would be nice to have a place to sleep while travelling - but i guess it makes it too much like a caravan.

also are you considering putting a light switch near the drivers seat? and maybe some spot lights for night travel.. haha
There was a technical reason I didn't allow resting in the beginning, but I don't think it applies anymore so I'll look into allowing it along with a sleep-to-destination option.

If you grab the Decorator mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/70), you can add lights and stuff to the ship deck to help see at night. Now that you mention it, toggling the lights on/off on activation would be a neat thing to add.

I haven't tried setting up spotlights on the ship with Decorator, but you can adjust where the lights point and their intensity so it might be possible I'm just not sure if they are bright enough to illuminate the ground while flying around. That sounds cool though, I'll see if I can make it happen if it isn't already possible and doesn't tank fps or anything.